You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Anyone still doing mods or units? Need help.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Anyone still doing mods or units? Need help.
GamerXD
Legionary
posted 11 February 2017 09:04 EDT (US)         
Is there anyone still doing mods or making units? I need a little help with this unit. I believe this Spartan was modded by Dark Fenrir about 11 years ago. Can someone swapped out the spear, sword and shield with the default? If anyone is still active with modding, please help.

You can download the work file here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d3i3d6vlu9wrzza/NA_Spartan_Hoplite_Alt.zip

[This message has been edited by GamerXD (edited 02-11-2017 @ 09:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 12 February 2017 13:37 EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Yes as you may know I am modding Rome Total War very hard right now lol.

Tell me exactly what you want? On this right picture the units look nice (but weird blue/green texture on the left picture)

I can do everything with my 3ds max. But I need to know exactly what you want

Dagovax

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 02-12-2017 @ 01:56 PM).]

GamerXD
Legionary
posted 12 February 2017 23:20 EDT (US)     2 / 14       
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, I just want to say thank you so much man. I want to shake your hand.

I want to basically replace the weapons (sword and shield) in this Spartan with those from the vanilla Spartan and that's about it. I've done a preliminary texture, please use this updated one: (http://www.mediafire.com/file/bkc6dvepke9ccik/2_Corrected_Texture.zip)

It shouldn't need any UV mapping. Please check it to be sure and thank you so much.

The weird green texture is just for testing purpose.

[This message has been edited by GamerXD (edited 02-13-2017 @ 00:05 AM).]

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 13 February 2017 00:40 EDT (US)     3 / 14       
Here you go!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ggjbuqn8x47zd7w/Newer_Spartan_Hoplite_Update_Dagovax.zip

I added a new unit export_descr_unit.txt, because it is better to keep the vanilla as it is.

Bonus:
+ Added texture for the other greek factions
+ Added UI cards for all of them

You might need to change the unit name (or soldier name in desc_model_battle.txt). But I guess you don't need further information as you allready might know how to mod.

Dagovax

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 02-13-2017 @ 00:41 AM).]

GamerXD
Legionary
posted 13 February 2017 01:33 EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Thank you Dagovax, it's perfect. I'll do an updated UI cards to reflect the new head and sprites. I'll upload the finish unit for all to enjoy a bit later. Once again, thank you.

------------------------------------
(Update)

Okay, it's finished. The alternate Spartan model can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bb9rn84civ0vqd4/Spartan_Hoplite_alternate_updated.zip

This is a cosmetic model swap for the Spartan Hoplite. The original model was from Dark Fenrir 11 years ago.
This revision could not be possible without the help of fellow modder Dagovax, I like to say thank you for
your generous help. The unit is now finish for all to enjoy, peace.

[This message has been edited by GamerXD (edited 02-13-2017 @ 11:09 AM).]

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 19 February 2017 16:31 EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Thanks again. You changed the UI card nicely with adding grass below it.

I will upload this unit myself to with the other Greek textures too. (Idk maybe other guys wants to try them in custom battles for other Greek factions too)

Do you have 3ds max yourself? Then I can explain how to swap weapons in future

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 02-19-2017 @ 04:36 PM).]

GamerXD
Legionary
posted 23 February 2017 08:22 EDT (US)     6 / 14       
The UI cards are just simple graphic trickery. I don't have 3dsmax, and I'm pulling my hairs out because I can't edit the .cas models. Please do explain how to swapped weapons, I think it can be useful for others.

I did a small mod for this game and I don't mean to advertise it. The mod is really primarily for my own use. I'm uploading it to share and also as a backup in case something happens to my files. There are lots of awesome mods out there. I thought if anyone wants to use the units within for their own mod or whatever, you're welcome to use it. Hey man, thanks for your help, really.

You can get it here: http://www.moddb.com/games/rome-total-war/downloads/rtw-units-addon-mod

[This message has been edited by GamerXD (edited 02-23-2017 @ 08:29 AM).]

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 23 February 2017 10:32 EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Looks nice. Ask me for help if you need it. As you know I created a remake mod. Watch it here

https://sirrianusdagovax.wordpress.com/holland-total-war/
GamerXD
Legionary
posted 23 February 2017 15:02 EDT (US)     8 / 14       
Thanks man, the German Tiger I tank is awesome. I've never seen a tank in a total war game or in a mod. (Oh wait, Warhammer...) It's a first, the incredible things you can do with mod.

--------------------------------------------
On a different note, does anyone have Medieval 2 Total War Kingdom?

[This message has been edited by GamerXD (edited 02-24-2017 @ 01:06 AM).]

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 02 March 2017 03:22 EDT (US)     9 / 14       
Okay nice I will post a complete guide how to swapp weapons in 3ds MAX soon. (it will take a while to write it lol)
GamerXD
Legionary
posted 06 March 2017 11:52 EDT (US)     10 / 14       
I know this isn't about RTW, I'm posting it here because the forum at Medieval2 seems a bit dead. I've been working on a revision for an units add-on mod for Medieval2. I was wondering if anyone has the Kingdom expansion because I want to port a few units into vanilla and I want to use the original textures. If anyone would like to help, I can explain and guide you on how to extract just the needed files-You don't need to unpack the whole game. Here's a pic of work in progress. It won't be finish anytime soon. Discussion of the game is welcome.

March 11, 2017 -- Here is an update.

[This message has been edited by GamerXD (edited 03-10-2017 @ 12:08 PM).]

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 13 March 2017 01:17 EDT (US)     11 / 14       
I don't have Medieval2, so I can't help u with that.
GamerXD
Legionary
posted 13 March 2017 06:18 EDT (US)     12 / 14       
That's all cool. I'll post an update on the mod when I get some more done. I was hoping to port or make some new units using the resources from Kingdom. On another note, I've been having problems with my old laptop overheating lately...
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 13 March 2017 09:33 EDT (US)     13 / 14       
You can at least try to install 3ds MAX. I am using a 3 year free student version. I am not going to pay for such software :P
GamerXD
Legionary
posted 15 March 2017 05:53 EDT (US)     14 / 14       
I have an old copy of 3DSMax 3 or 3.5? It's so old that I don't even know if it works on modern OS. The reason I have it is because I used to do multimedia and CG animation and I used to work with Maya and XSI. 3dsmax was something I learn on the side because I was interested in game development.

---

On another note, I need someone to beta test this Medieval2 mod. I'm asking this because my computer is having an overheating issue lately. My laptop is really old and might be on its last leg. The mod is near complete and I need someone to play 60 turns and see what needs to be change. If anyone wants to beta test this, please leave a reply and I'll upload it, otherwise, the mod might have to be shelve.

[This message has been edited by GamerXD (edited 03-15-2017 @ 05:15 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames