You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Question about city buildings
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question about city buildings
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 28 April 2017 05:29 EDT (US)         
Hi all,

In my previous post I asked for some files which I don't have. I still need those to add new buildings in the mod.

I saw from another mod that all includes were not made, but they were all in descr_items.txt

I used that file to create an descr_items.db file. And that works! However, I got lot of errors while trying to load the normal buildings. The error says it can't find the building .cas file.

So all buildings are not loaded, except the added ones. Please help me I think its not taking the buildings from the root.

Dagovax
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 28 April 2017 08:32 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Hvae you tried re-intalling the game?

Also, never tinker with anything without making a back-up first!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 28 April 2017 09:28 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I have 6 different installs on my PC, from the same dvd. And ofc I have a lot of backups.

But none of the installs contains the items I am searching for. So I am wondering if anyone of you does have some .txt files in the descr_items folder.

On other forums they tell about using a tool from Vercingetorix, the DB editor. But ofc the download link doesn't exist anymore.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 29 April 2017 10:37 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
We have a building editor utility program located here:
http://rtw.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3990

Go to Downloads on RTWH's front page, Central, then to utility packs.

This one, by merc200334, has the Hadrian Building editor as well as the Caligula Unit editor. Many of them were made by Vercingetorix.

Hope it helps.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 29 April 2017 14:20 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Nah I use most of this tools, but the building and unit editor are not neccesary. Those tools only edit the .txt files, so it's only a tool to create units more quickly.

I am looking for a tool from Vercingetorix which can edit the descr_items.db

I guess only that tool can bring me further now

BTW, can u look in your descr_items folder if you have any text files around there. If there are, which one??

Thank you
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 01 May 2017 11:55 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I did not find a descr_items folder in RTW. ONly a descr_building_battle which had files known as dbb_Bens_buildings, dbb_gates, dbb_kevins_buildings, dbb_judes-buildings, and so forth.

I did find a descr_items folder under bi/data. It has one file di_barbarian_invasion.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 01 May 2017 23:43 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Yep I have the same. It's weird that the game engine asks for those files.

For some reason I got the BI buildings working now. At least I am happy with the current barbarian large and huge city
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames