Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » Multiplayer Issues
Bottom
Topic Subject:Multiplayer Issues
Scipii King
Legionary
posted 18 June 2011 16:13 EDT (US)         
Hey guys, I really want to play multiplayer on RTW, but when I go to Online Battles, it says I have a invalid CD key. I tried the change CD key button, and entered the CD key that was in the box which I bought, but it still won't work. Please, I need advice. Thanks!
AuthorReplies:
Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 18 June 2011 17:45 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Perhaps you misput a character? Try changing the letter "o" to the number 0.

Same with letter "i"s and the number "1"

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 19 June 2011 16:15 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Everybody has this problem.

It's as Punic said. You will just have to try all the possible variants. Expect to spend ages at it, and there's still only about a 50/50 chance of getting the right one in the end...

• EDORIX •
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Scipii King
Legionary
posted 19 June 2011 21:30 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
I don't have any 0, o, i, or 1's in my cd code. Do you include dashes? Any other ideas? Also, it asks for GameSpy cd key. Is this different from the one in the box? Thanks

“Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army.” - Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War.
"We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction." - Gen. Oliver P. Smith
Punic Hebil
Centurion
posted 20 June 2011 11:36 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Yes, include the dashes. And is your Rome the Steam version?

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Scipii King
Legionary
posted 24 June 2011 00:11 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
No, my RTW isn't the Steam version.

“Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army.” - Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War.
"We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction." - Gen. Oliver P. Smith
Punic Hebil
Centurion
posted 24 June 2011 20:57 EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Hmmmm can't think of anything besides a typo error. Anyone else have an idea?

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 25 June 2011 07:36 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
It's a notoriously common problem, one of the main things about RTW that could easily have been done much better. I have been forced to the conclusion that some CD-keys issued just don't work; or, possibly, they were stolen by illegal programs and don't work on multiple machines.

There's really nothing you can do I'm afraid except keep trying.

• EDORIX •
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames