You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval & Shogun: Total War

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval & Shogun: Total War » The Battle of Odawara...HELP
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Battle of Odawara...HELP
timber22
Legionary
posted 17 January 2011 20:58 EDT (US)         
The Battle of Odawara is a Battle in the Historical Campaigns in Shogun Total War that i am having a lot of trouble winning. If anyone could send some help, or even better a walkthough, that would be awesome.

"I love Ireland, but the Mexicans make the best food."-Timber22
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 18 January 2011 01:17 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
The pause button, use it often and wisely. One can not overstate its importance. Personally I always forget to use it but it gives you extra time to survey the enemy's movements, plan out troop orders, and such things without the timer counting down.

It is helpful to kill the enemy general early on, but do not let that distract you from the main goal. The Warrior-Monks can be vulnerable to arrows due to their light armour. You basically have to get the best out of the troops you have. Counter cavalry with readied Yari Ashigaru\Samurai, use your ranged troops to thin out the ranks of the enemy infantry, take out enemy range troops with your cavalry, etc.

It may take a few attempts to win even with the right strategy. Trying to win within the time limit is my biggest problem.
timber22
Legionary
posted 18 January 2011 20:33 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Thank you Scipii for the advice, the part on how to kill warroir monks helps a lot. I am very near winning the battle(I killed 1109 men of the enemy before my general died last time). Thanks again.

timber22
Legionary
posted 30 January 2011 15:07 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Ok this is a little while after my last post, and distpite optimistic begining I have been unable to win this battle. I was hopping i would not have to do this, but I am BEGGING someone for a WALKTHOUGH. I am so close to winning this battle and it's almost making me paronied. To make it worse i have finished every Historical Campaign, battle, and campaing in the game except this one.

[This message has been edited by timber22 (edited 01-30-2011 @ 03:07 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames