Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Alexander Discussion » Query
Bottom
Topic Subject:Query
zadjrgt
Legionary
posted 10 April 2008 07:53 EDT (US)         
dear my friends,

i had installed rome tw and its 1.3 & 1.5 patches. Then i installed Rome Alexander. But when i tried to play,at the begining it running, but suddenly it terminate(before the menu). Can someone help me?
AuthorReplies:
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 10 April 2008 11:42 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Add the -show_err switch to your command line. You can see more here about doing that. There is no guarantee, but it should give you an error message when it crashes once you do so.
zadjrgt
Legionary
posted 10 April 2008 14:59 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
i did the show_err script. Then this error message appear :

script Error in alexander/data/descr_event_images.txt,at line 537, column 1.
Unknown event string faction_defeated_by_player

How to fix this? Please help, thanks
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 10 April 2008 20:13 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
How does RTW run now? Does it work ok, or is it having the same problem?

The last time a person had a problem like this it was because they were using a cracked executable. If you are I will direct you to the Code of Conduct of HeavenGames which is very strict about admitting to software piracy on our forums.
Pirated Materials, Cracks, Multiplayer Hacks, Keys, and Key-Generators

“Piracy” is the illegal copying and/or distribution of copyrighted content including, but not limited to, games, software, music, movies, pictures, ROMs, abandon-ware, and leaked software. “Cracks” are programs that disable copy-protection technology; “Multiplayer Hacks” are any programs, patches, files, modifications or information exposure cheats that allow a player to gain an unfair advantage over other human opponents in a multiplayer game; a “Key” is a combination of numbers and letters that is required for software installation and sometimes used to validate users for online play; and “Key-Generators” are programs that generate valid Keys.

You may not encourage, post in support of, link to, or discuss activities, methods, and/or techniques involving piracy, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators. In addition, the following are grounds for moderator action on your post and/or account:

* Seeking help to create cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
* Seeking missing files that are supplied with installation CD(s)
* Admitting to possess pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
* Admitting to distribute pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators
* Admitting to the use of cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
* Uploading any such files to HeavenGames sites

Generally breaking this rule will result in an instant permanent ban. However you may be given a warning for a first offence if, in our opinion, you are a new forumer who doesn’t understand why this is such a strict rule – this will be explained to you; any subsequent offences will result in a permanent ban.

So if this is the case you know the reason for your problem, and that if you admit to it on the forums official action will be taken against you.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames