You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Alexander Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Alexander Discussion » Alexander won't install on my comp
Bottom
Topic Subject:Alexander won't install on my comp
quagnatus legion
Legionary
posted 14 April 2008 20:32 EDT (US)         
I recently just downloaded the alexander and once it was done I installed it and it said no prior installation of rome found. I went to the total war support where it was talking about patches. Although I have gold edition so I have all the patches; so can someone tell me how to get it to work?

"The point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George Patton
"If we can't find a way, we'll make one" -Hannibal
Spanish AAR (not finished)
AuthorReplies:
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 14 April 2008 22:02 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Just because you have RTW Gold does not mean that you have the most current version of RTW and BI. I have RTW Gold and it came with RTW at 1.5, but BI at 1.4. When I installed BI it rolled back RTW to 1.3. Great surprise. You may have situation.

Start each, go to Options, and you will see the version numbers in the upper right corner. You want to see RTW at 1.5 and BI at 1.6.

Edited to Add:

Here is your problem. The downloaded version of Alexander is not compatible with the cd version of RTW and BI. Try doing the same as Qazar and see if you can get another version of Alexander.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 04-14-2008 @ 10:06 PM).]

quagnatus legion
Legionary
posted 14 April 2008 22:11 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
The odd thing is I bought my copy from the sega website not ebgames. Maybe I should just look for eras (even though its like extinct at retail stores now) or buy a disc copy from somewhere.

and I almost forgot, thanks for your assistance

"The point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George Patton

[This message has been edited by quagnatus legion (edited 04-14-2008 @ 10:12 PM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 15 April 2008 08:33 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Sorry to hear about your problem quagnatus legion. If it's any consolatation, I downloaded Alexander and when I needed to re-install, it never worked again so that was a waste of 10 quid. Unless, it's something reliable like Steam, I won't be downloading games that cost money in future.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 15 April 2008 11:41 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Welcome Quagnatus.

It is possible that the version Sega has on their site is the same as that Ebgames has. What really surprises me is that the web version would somehow be proprietary. I am with Gaius in that I do not think I will be buying any games over the web. I will stick to my local stores or mail order.

I actually went and bought Eras a few months ago myself, even though I previously had RTW Gold. Amazon had several used copies out there for a very reasonable price.
quagnatus legion
Legionary
posted 15 April 2008 19:48 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
thanks for the help sub and gaius. I agree with you that I will never download a game that cost something on the web again, ill just keep my eye out for eras.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames