You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Strategy Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Strategy Discussion » choosing settlement
Bottom
Topic Subject:choosing settlement
ps4performer
Legionary
posted 10 May 2011 11:25 EDT (US)         
when you want to annihilate a faction which settlements do you prefer to attack cities or castles and why?also do you prefer to assault immediately after you have built siege eqiupment or prefer to starve the defenders?
AuthorReplies:
Morals
Legionary
posted 11 May 2011 02:29 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Mostly i have field armies that are all horse archers and other ones that are mostly infantry and siege to take cities then again i like to siege if i have the time with horse archer armies as when they sally they are against a wall.

I don't have an ego i have reality
loose_the_arrows
Legionary
posted 11 May 2011 09:00 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I suppose I don't have a preference. Cities are a little easier to take I suppose simply because they are usually garrisoned with spear and militia units at the best.

Attacking or starving them depends on a few things. What forces I'm using compared to theirs. Can I retrain my units after the fight in that region or will I have to move to another region to do that. If I feel like I would take to many casualties and I cannot retrain there then I usually wait for their numbers to dwindle somewhat.

Also if there is a large enemy army moving closer to me to assist the city then sometimes that will rush me into battle.

It also depends on the faction I am playing. For example when I play as Russia I use cavalry in the early game because the infantry sucks and the settlements are spread so far apart. So when I'm taking all those rebel settlements I have to wait for them to surrender or sally. They usually sally because they think they can take 2 or 3 units of cavalry but most units in those cities will get mowed over by heavy cavalry...even the spearmen don't get a bonus against cavalry.

"Men... must have corrupted nature a little, for they were not born wolves, and they have become wolves. God did not give them twenty-four-pounder cannons or bayonets, and they have made bayonets and cannons to destroy each other."
- Voltaire, Candide, Chapter 4
ps4performer
Legionary
posted 11 May 2011 09:49 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
i prefer attacking on castles or fortresses so as to stop the enemy's faction elite unit production.after that they have money but they only recruit militia unit that compared to the castle units are easier to win them.As for the starve stratey,i only use it in the beginning of the game against the rebel settlements as i don't want ''spend'' my armies in ''useless'' battles,and also the rebels never call reinforcements,so i can take my time.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames