You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.141 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » Hotseat E (Retrofit)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hotseat E (Retrofit)
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 02 September 2009 19:45 EDT (US)         
This is the Hotseat E. it is based on M2TW w/ the Retrofit Mod. IT HAS BEGUN.

Rules:Autoresolve,no exploiting(forts on resources ect.), no replaying it over and over to get the results you want (live with what you get if you want to have some fun out of this game), a unique rule i have decided- no voilent interaction with other humans in the first 3 Turns(we dont want instant wars between humans, ofcourse threats are aloud), Console off to avoid cheating.anything i have missed please mention

Current Players w/ info

Demigodseer - sudsdhanoa8@hotmail.com - England
JuBuOrangie - JuBuOrangie@dishup.us - The Byzantine Empire
Brutiangodofrock - Dicky_Johns@hotmail.com - Egypt
matt will - mattheww10@btinternet.com - Poland

(in that order, i did it by order of sign up)
Subs

a Password Keeper has "PK" by his Email.

Monty501 - TheGreatMonty.com - (PK)
Zsmart one - ryan(dot)c(dot)w(at)sbcglobal(dot)net - (PK)

Players please tell monty your password when you can. please do not try and cheat by looking at other players hotseat threads of what they did (if they set up one) we're going by the trust rule there.if you are making one just say so and ill set up a link for you. not sure if everyone has time though.

good luck to all players.
Computers will be at M/M

_________
Currently here are the standings.(new faction names wont be used)
Military - England (hurray!)
Production - Byzantines
Financial - Egypt
Population - Byzantines
Overall - Byzantines

Byzantines are obviously winning, then again the byzantine empire always starts out good. but that never lasts

Whats going on right now?
1. The Crusades have begun, Called on Cairo , Capital of Egypt.Current Factions Crusading: England.

Papal Watch AAR Where I sit back and let the computers entertain you!

[This message has been sacked by Mongols (sacked 04-02-1258 AD).]

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 07-02-2017 @ 05:08 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
JuBuOrangie
Legionary
posted 02 September 2009 20:59 EDT (US)     1 / 141       
JuBuOrangie
JuBuOrangie@dishup.us
The Byzantine Empire
Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 02 September 2009 21:45 EDT (US)     2 / 141       
thanks jubu you've been added. subs are also welcome if your too busy to play as the main.

The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 02 September 2009 23:44 EDT (US)     3 / 141       
Why not. I'll play as The Turks.
Joe.pagani70@gmail.com

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 09-02-2009 @ 11:45 PM).]

Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 09:37 EDT (US)     4 / 141       
thanks Monty, your added. anybody else? im hoping for 4 or 5 people before we start.

Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 14:00 EDT (US)     5 / 141       
Go on, i'll play then .

Dicky_Johns@hotmail.com - Egypt .

Looks like this one will be quite busy with so many factions so close to each other .

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.
Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 20:34 EDT (US)     6 / 141       
im starting to get lonely , being the only current Catholic Faction =(.

JuBuOrangie
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 20:44 EDT (US)     7 / 141       
Well im the only orthodox faction.
Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 22:40 EDT (US)     8 / 141       
yea but your the byzantine empire. im only England. you have Empire in your name and your Purple!! im pretty sure that makes up for the whole orthodox thing. im starting to think maybe i should play as somebody else. any suggestions real quick? (btw im hoping on starting this hotseat by tommorow , still need to get everything in my computer back up ever since it crashed). maybe Milan? France? HRE? Spain?or maybe Hungary? im really thinking Hungary. give suggestions quickly. if i dont decide by the time my computers set then ill stick with England.

[This message has been edited by Demigodseer (edited 09-03-2009 @ 10:46 PM).]

JuBuOrangie
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 22:59 EDT (US)     9 / 141       
you have Empire in your name and your Purple!!
Both of those are irrelevant.

And if you switch to Hungary then im going to switch my faction because Im not going to be squeezed inbetween 2 different human factions.

[This message has been edited by JuBuOrangie (edited 09-03-2009 @ 11:02 PM).]

Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 23:29 EDT (US)     10 / 141       
true , but im only being hungary cause apparently if you havent noticed, thats as close as i can get to the action. everythign is going ot be happening in the middle east and i dont want to be all the way in the britain isles.If it really matters to you then i now declare myself to be the deadly force of ..... im not really sure..... this is my first hotseat and being so far away from the action is never good =(. perhaps i should stay as england. maybe a crusade or two will help get me closer. and btw, if you havent read my signature yet then im a fan of the byzantines. i honestly in every game whether i am them or not try to get the best possible relations with them so you dont have much to fear.i decided im staying as england. the hotseat will begin as soon as i get my printer running (and yes printer is more important right now since school started)

JuBuOrangie
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 23:42 EDT (US)     11 / 141       
If you really want to play Hungary. Then I could just as easily play as Milan or maybe Sicily.
Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 03 September 2009 23:55 EDT (US)     12 / 141       
honestly i hate hungary i much rather prefer England. its my favorite faction. so you can stay as byzanines if you want.(you can also change if you want)

matt will
Legionary
posted 04 September 2009 03:11 EDT (US)     13 / 141       
I'll play this one as Poland! My email is in my profile.

My Gondor hotseat campaign. Please Help!

Under the White Tree A Gondor short story on the fall of Minas Tirith.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 04 September 2009 03:59 EDT (US)     14 / 141       
If you've got Poland, the Byzantines, Turkey and Egypt, maybe HRE would be a better choice than Hungry, just to give a tiny bit of a buffer between the three of you.

imho, going something further south such as Venice would maybe keep the balance a little better as it wouldn't leave Egypt all alone on the bottom of the map. Hmm, Venice makes it crowded with Byz and the Turks all in the Greece area.
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 04 September 2009 05:35 EDT (US)     15 / 141       
I'm sorry everyone but I have decided that I don't have the time to do this hotseat . I will sub if you want plus I can be the PW holder aswell but I don't think, with all the homework that I have been getting lately, that I can keep up with this one.

Will You?
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 04 September 2009 18:09 EDT (US)     16 / 141       
You could be Turks now, or if you are Russia then we will all be closish. Egypt is near the turks, Turks are near Byzantium, Byzantines are near Poles, Poles are near Russia. And if Russia expands south it could soon border Turks near Tblisi. Of course seeing as Monty can't play i will now be alone in both the South east and as the only Islamic Faction.

Shall we also do it so that you cannot call/join Crusade/Jihad on another player(except maybe if you are already at war?)?

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.
Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 04 September 2009 19:11 EDT (US)     17 / 141       
well. i guess ill be Milan. monty , ill set you as a sub and matt ill add you as poland.

This is more like it, 2 Catholics, 1 Islam,1 Orthodox. =D. still one spot open. im probably going to start today or tommorow so join quick.

[This message has been edited by Demigodseer (edited 09-04-2009 @ 07:15 PM).]

JuBuOrangie
Legionary
posted 04 September 2009 19:48 EDT (US)     18 / 141       
Shall we also do it so that you cannot call/join Crusade/Jihad on another player(except maybe if you are already at war?)?
This coming from a faction that cant call a crusade or a Jihad I think people should just be free to call them whenever.

Im not so sure about hiring mercenaries during it though thats what really bugs me the most about Crusades and Jihads. I mean you can hire Unhorsed Knights who are one of the best infantry units in the game for like 190 florins about. Super Cheap.

But it would be harder to control people from hiring crusade/jihad mercenaries than it would to control them from starting a crusade.
This is more like it, 2 Catholics, 1 Islam,1 Orthodox. =D. still one spot open. im probably going to start today or tommorow so join quick.
I think the factions the players are as of now will make a really good game and that we should just start today.
Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 05 September 2009 00:10 EDT (US)     19 / 141       
agreed Jubu. ill start it in a hour. want to give some last second time incase someone joins. and btw im switching back to england (God it's so hard to choose what to be!) since when i play as Milan im highly tempted to attack Rome since it is usually not very well defended.so even though i get excommunicated in the first 6 turns i get Rome and the rest of italy. but as England im protected by sea after i control the entire british isles. thanks for joining. i'll choose the order by who i think is on right now. that way we can get it going faster.

(when you get the time send monty the password you set (when you do set it) he will be the password keeper so incase anybody stops responding suddenly or if someones MIA then he can give the sub (who is also him) the password to take over the guys spot for a while.)

Edit: WE HAVE BEGUN. i finished my turn and sending it to jubu.

EditEdit: its sent.

[This message has been edited by Demigodseer (edited 09-05-2009 @ 01:37 AM).]

JuBuOrangie
Legionary
posted 05 September 2009 02:05 EDT (US)     20 / 141       
Played my turn and noticed two things that were "off" about this hotseat.

First one is you dont have it set so you can administrate all cities while that isnt really a problem its something that is uncommon and should have been mentioned before. the second thing is that I checked the list of components of the hotseat that are listed on the page where you enter your password and it says the save I was sent was with patch 1.04 I didnt have any problems with it but we might have problems with others. If we dont then thats great.
Demigodseer
Legionary
posted 05 September 2009 02:13 EDT (US)     21 / 141       
retrofit got a patch? well if something goes wrong im pretty sure we can just restart. if not than yea.. thats great. and the manage all citys being off is so its a bit more realistic. dont see how the taxes should be handled without a proper governer, im sure we can survive this.

matt will
Legionary
posted 05 September 2009 04:11 EDT (US)     22 / 141       
Its not a retrofit patch, its a Kingdoms patch and I don't think saves from 1.05 work on a 1.04 game. I have 1.05 and I can't change it unless I uninstall and probably stop playing hotseat I.

My Gondor hotseat campaign. Please Help!

Under the White Tree A Gondor short story on the fall of Minas Tirith.
JuBuOrangie
Legionary
posted 05 September 2009 04:22 EDT (US)     23 / 141       
mattwill you should be fine in playing it since Demigodseer started the Hotseat with 1.04 and everyone besides him has at least 1.05.

So I think the patches are backwards compatible if you know what I mean.

But there would be a problem if Demigodseer DIDNT start the hotseat but since he did I think everything should be OK.
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 05 September 2009 04:26 EDT (US)     24 / 141       
Uh oh. When he gets the save back it's not going to work. Beleave me, I know!

Will You?
JuBuOrangie
Legionary
posted 05 September 2009 04:29 EDT (US)     25 / 141       
The only way that would be possible is if the hotseat got magically turned from 1.04 to 1.05. I honestly dont see why the game would change what patch is being used MID-GAME doesnt make sense.

But then again there could be problems we can always just wait and see once Demi gets the save again.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames