You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help and Bug Reporting

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Technical Help and Bug Reporting » End turn crash thingy... HELP!
Bottom
Topic Subject:End turn crash thingy... HELP!
lamemodz
Legionary
posted 14 June 2013 22:35 EDT (US)         
So, I'm new here (hello) and new to modding, recently, I decided to switch the name of the House of Scipii to something else, I followed all of TWH tutorials, and then I added some names (Also following all the TWH tutorials) So it's all beautiful, the names I want, named correctly, faction is renamed, then I end the turn. WHAM! Crash to desktop, this happens with all factions, it's sad... *sniff sniff* :P Well, besides that mod I also made it so that Macedon is playable, and so they can recruit Spartan Hoplites and that the hoplites can be recruited anywhere. That's it.

Help? Anyone else experienced this?
AuthorReplies:
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 14 June 2013 23:02 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Did you add any names that are less than 3 letters long? I tried adding some names to the Egyptian list and had the same problem when I had names under 3 letters long. When I took them away, it seems to have fixed the problem.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
lamemodz
Legionary
posted 15 June 2013 18:37 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
No I didn't, the shortest is 5 letters, and all names in names.txt are in descr_names.txt
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 15 June 2013 20:32 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Did you try ending a turn after you changed the faction name but before you did anything else? It's a good idea to check that each step of a mod is working correctly.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames