You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome II Total War Intro Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome II Total War Intro Forum » Rome II: Trade Routes Map Revealed!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rome II: Trade Routes Map Revealed!
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 19 August 2013 09:28 EDT (US)         
CA have just released a map showing the land and naval trade routes in Rome II. Considering how it will be possible to have an Economic Victory in the game, I have a feeling this map will be very interesting to less military conquest-happy players.
Hiya guys,
As you know, the Roman era wasnít just a time of war and conquest: it was also a time of exploration, discovery, alliance, and of course, trade. This map depicts every trade route and hub in ROME IIís vastly detailed campaign map. Which faction will you play as? Start planning your trade empire now!

You can check out high-resolution photos here on the wiki.

Enjoy!

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 19 August 2013 11:57 EDT (US)     1 / 13       
As someone else mentioned on another forum, it appears that the Danuabe and Rhine are much like the Nile and can also be traversed by ship. I have forgotten if anyone had realised this earlier during the pre-release hype coming out of CA and SEGA, but an interesting addition none the less.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 19 August 2013 16:06 EDT (US)     2 / 13       
It's pretty cool those rivers will be accessed via a navy, will be of great use when supporting and reinforcing conquests in the respective regions.

Also - over-land trade routes have always been automatic, with no interaction from the player. For CA to be detailing them suggests they'll be interrupted, blockaded or raided much like the naval ones, no?

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."

[This message has been edited by Aftermath (edited 08-19-2013 @ 04:08 PM).]

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 19 August 2013 16:18 EDT (US)     3 / 13       
I hope so. Imagine what bother rebels could do...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Lenardius VII
Legionary
posted 19 August 2013 18:30 EDT (US)     4 / 13       
No naval trade on the Caspian sea? Whaattt! awww man...that would just create a fatigue penalty for the slave drivers...

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
Andalus
Legionary
posted 20 August 2013 05:51 EDT (US)     5 / 13       
There are probably no ports on the Caspian Sea, as in Empire, so that the AI doesn't fill it with massive useless fleets.
Thompsoncs
Legionary
posted 20 August 2013 11:32 EDT (US)     6 / 13       
That wouldnt make much sense. The ai could simply get a few lines of codes like this:

if region = .... , then dont make ships there.
Junya
Legionary
posted 20 August 2013 13:17 EDT (US)     7 / 13       
I imagined there was going to be a trade link to the far East to simulate the Silk Road; perhaps it'll be something similar to how they did it in Rome 1...

R[3vol]UTION
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 20 August 2013 13:29 EDT (US)     8 / 13       
How did they do it in Rome 1?

A f t y

A A R S

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 20 August 2013 13:44 EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Don't remember how it was in vanilla Rome, but in EB there is a unique building in cities along the path of the Silk Road that gives trade and order bonuses to whoever owns them. Cities on the eastern end of the map also received a special special building giving them a trade boost to simulate their economic relationship with factions outside of the map (like China and India).

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Thompsoncs
Legionary
posted 20 August 2013 13:48 EDT (US)     10 / 13       
parthia, and possibly others as well, could build silk route trading buildings in rtw 1 vanilla
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 21 August 2013 03:14 EDT (US)     11 / 13       
Oh right! Didn't realise... I played as Parthia too.

Maybe there will be some kind of trade node to represent it? Or an in-game event perhaps.

A f t y

A A R S

Junya
Legionary
posted 21 August 2013 03:23 EDT (US)     12 / 13       
parthia, and possibly others as well, could build silk route trading buildings in rtw 1 vanilla
This

Thank you, Thompsoncs

It's been a while since I played Rome 1, but I believe it was only Parthia that could construct the 'Silk Road'

R[3vol]UTION
Andalus
Legionary
posted 21 August 2013 04:25 EDT (US)     13 / 13       
Pontus and Armenia could as well, and the Sassanids in BI.
That wouldnt make much sense. The ai could simply get a few lines of codes like this:

if region = .... , then dont make ships there.
True, but I simply wanted to point out that in Empire it was impossible to access any body of water that was not connected to the oceans (and in Rome/M2, the rebel fleets in the Red Sea were somewhat annoying).

[This message has been edited by Andalus (edited 08-21-2013 @ 04:34 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames