You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome II Total War Intro Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome II Total War Intro Forum » Let's Play Multiplayer
Bottom
Topic Subject:Let's Play Multiplayer
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 22 August 2013 10:46 EDT (US)         
CA has just released the first video of multiplayer gameplay in Rome II!
Hello All!

A new video for you today which is the next instalment in the Let's Play series which is all about Multiplayer!
Have a look at our very own community coordinator Trish up against Multiplayer developer Elliot.

Also including a multplayer discussion about some cool features and battles types.

Hope you enjoy

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
AuthorReplies:
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 22 August 2013 11:23 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
The Eastern Slingers have an in-game range value of 175, nice. That's greater than anything with a bow or arquebus in Shogun 2, if I am remembering each and every ranged unit correctly. Unfortunately Trish could not withstand the might of Pontus, but it shall sate the appetite for another day.

So basically multiplayer is your usual Total War multiplayer offering, hopefully with sufficient improvements to leaderboards and such. Some nice touches here and there, but nothing truly groundbreaking beyond being able to fight anywhere from the campaign map and the different number of battle types. Though a siege is a siege to me, whether the settlement has walls or not .
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 22 August 2013 11:58 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
The variation of battle types, and particularly the selection of where on the 'campaign map' you want the fight to take place was very nice. Also, the historical battles, having in the past taken place on their own specially crafted maps are part of the campaign map... which is awesome after seeing the level of detail and variety on them.

So... first weekend, 4 v 4 battle of Carthage?

The battlefield looked pretty good. Pontus looks awesome, can't wait to give them a go. All of this coupled with the new Line of Sight system... oh my goodness.

Lastly, The unit cards have really grown on me.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 22 August 2013 12:34 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Haha I'm up for that. Hopefully I can get some of the weekend off and if I do you can mark be down as one of the last defenders of Carthage

With regards to the battle, I think we finally got to see how the new LOS system can make multiplayer more interesting. Trish had some forces stationed in the other half of the city, but she moved them to reinforce her troops on the other side so she had no idea Elliot was maneuvering his general and the rest of his troops around and into the city until he was practically at the city square. She might've seen it coming if she'd left one unit of slingers on top of the hill like a kind of ancient overwatch, but even then she would've been hard-pressed since almost all of her infantry were slingers.

Definitely looking forward to playing as Parthia and Pontus though. I'll probably go with Parthia first since I'd like to see how the cataphract/horse archer combo works in Rome II.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 22 August 2013 14:15 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
I feel a forum party hopefully coming on. Also, to keep in character with my username... Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam!
Belthronding
Legionary
(id: Orcrist_Beleg)
posted 22 August 2013 16:08 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Sweet beard of Merlin this is looking great!
I am so down for a 4v4 in Carthage!
Seems they have done away with missile tracers.
The new system for multiplayer maps is brilliant.
Perhaps Trish would have stood more of a chance with less missile troops... or saved those camels.

Vini, Vidi, Vino.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 22 August 2013 16:10 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Off topic, has anyone else tried turning on the automatic captions on youtube? They're quite humorous when they go wrong - one on this video is 1:48 - 'total war games (something)' becomes 'terror will gain Tiffany'.

I've yet to watch it all through more closely but the defender's position looked quite tricky there - not a good location to defend with slingers perhaps
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames