Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Graphics glitch
Bottom
Topic Subject:Graphics glitch
ahenobarb
Legionary
posted 02 February 2005 15:08 EDT (US)         
There's a little black spider-web thin line that sticks out from the graphic of all ships. Would post a screenshot, but don't have a spot to host the picture. Minor, not really that irritating, but glitch none the less.
AuthorReplies:
Roman General
posted 02 February 2005 23:12 EDT (US)     1 / 13       
huh? Im playing the game on another comp right now, I dont see any little spider web things...

ΧΊ°”˜`”°ΊΧ
(―`·._.·[ ]·._.·΄―)
Oº°¨¨°ºO Roman General Oº°¨¨°ºO
––––•(-• •-)•––––
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt; born 28th of October 2004, died 28th of October 2004
In peace, sons bury thier fathers; in war, fathers bury thier sons. -- Herodotus
ahenobarb
Legionary
posted 03 February 2005 14:06 EDT (US)     2 / 13       
It's not a "web", but rather a black line as thin as spider silk. It sticks out of the back of the boats. You can really notice it if you get in close and zoom in and zoom out a little. It's there. Just a glitch, but probably easily fixable for Activision.
ahenobarb
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 13:45 EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Here's a screen shot of what I'm seeing

For a while I thought it was supposed to be the line for the anchor, but it's way too long and it's there when the boat moves.

Edit: You have to click the link to really see them.

[This message has been edited by ahenobarb (edited 02-06-2005 @ 01:46 PM).]

Ferret
Legionary
(id: The_Ferret)
posted 06 February 2005 14:31 EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Its called a SHADOW!

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
karoaper
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 14:50 EDT (US)     5 / 13       
That's not a shadow. I think, it is a glitch, akeen to the same little lines you get on the edges of textures. Think of the graphics like a bare wall and the textures are the wallpapers. Then in the places where two sections of the wallpapers meet you might see slivers of the uncovered wall. I'm no expert though, but that's my explanation.

[This message has been edited by karoaper (edited 02-06-2005 @ 02:51 PM).]

Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 17:45 EDT (US)     6 / 13       
I can confirm the line is a shadow. Just moved my fleet around a bit. The line changed, showing different shadows, and when it was at a specific angle, the line went like shown in the screenshot.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!
Roman General
posted 07 February 2005 18:10 EDT (US)     7 / 13       
it is a shadow. Its the shadow of the ship's mast

ΧΊ°”˜`”°ΊΧ
(―`·._.·[ ]·._.·΄―)
––––•(-• •-)•––––
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt; born 28th of October 2004, died 28th of October 2004
In peace, sons bury thier fathers; in war, fathers bury thier sons. -- Herodotus
Makaan
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 18:21 EDT (US)     8 / 13       
yep that is definatly a shadow i just checked
ahenobarb
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 20:33 EDT (US)     9 / 13       
If so, that's some crummy shadow. It's thinner than rice paper and much thinner than the mast itself. But, oh well. I suppose I could get off my duff and see if I could edit the graphics file to fix it, but I'm too busy playing the game.
Themistocles472
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 20:59 EDT (US)     10 / 13       
I wouldn't worry or be bothered in the the least by it even if it were a bug.
ahenobarb
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 21:35 EDT (US)     11 / 13       
It's not that big a deal, but I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be there or not. I thought maybe it was a graphics card issue or something. Mast shadow it is then. I still like to think of it as the line for the anchor, that would explain why it's so thin.
Roman General
posted 07 February 2005 22:18 EDT (US)     12 / 13       
I wanna know how you spotted that in the first place. Do you have bad eyesight or something? You had to have been zoomed in all the way to see that kind of stuff..

ΧΊ°”˜`”°ΊΧ
(―`·._.·[ ]·._.·΄―)
––––•(-• •-)•––––
ahenobarb
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 23:22 EDT (US)     13 / 13       
I always zoom all the way in when moving troops and ships, so you can see any opponents that might be just at the edge of your line of sight. I zoom only zoom out to get an overview.

And yes I do have poor eyesight. Years of translating Latin/Greek back in college and reading histories have taken their toll. Put something 16 inches from your eyes for over a decade and watch your eyesight go to crap.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames