You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » about the patch...........
Bottom
Topic Subject:about the patch...........
patty_c_63
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 06:27 EDT (US)         
i downloaded the patch the other day and installed it and it worked fine. the first thing i noticed is that my navys now had stars for their generals. so because of this i assumed that the patch was installed fine. i then decided to further test it out by going to the island with the collosus wonder to have a battle as the brutii. i got there with my army and layed seige and when i had enough seige equip i decided to attack. by to my suprise there was no collosus on the battlefield. have i installed the patch correctly. and is there any definate way of telling if i have?

>^<>^<>^< >^<>^<>^< ITS TIME TO PLAY AMERICAS FAVORITE GAME SHOW.....YOOOOOUUUUUU LOSE! HAHAHA.
no seriously, you lose. get off my set >^<>^<>^<>^<>^<>^<
AuthorReplies:
Ferret
Legionary
(id: The_Ferret)
posted 06 February 2005 08:27 EDT (US)     1 / 8       
The wonder will only appear if it is visible i.e no mountains in the way or if you are right next to it. Rhodes has a lot of mountains so...

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
Vinte
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 11:17 EDT (US)     2 / 8       
if you had read the thing it would have said that the patch only takes affect on NEW games, not ones that are already in play, you have to start a new game for the 1.2 patch to work. cause i saw the colossus on the island of rhodes and i wasnt even on that island it was awesome
patty_c_63
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 05:19 EDT (US)     3 / 8       
i did as the brutii

>^<>^<>^< >^<>^<>^< ITS TIME TO PLAY AMERICAS FAVORITE GAME SHOW.....YOOOOOUUUUUU LOSE! HAHAHA.
Old Celt
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 08:35 EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Vinte,

You are completely wrong. The patch works on games already in play and you should be sure of your facts before spouting off erroneous information. The Wonders will only be seen if you have a LOS to them considering terrain in the actual battles.

yossarian3
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 10:31 EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I ran into something similar.

I was laying siege and was attacked from behind. Naturally the garrison came to the attackers aid. I thought the patch added settlements and watch towers to battlefields as well. Surely the city I'm camped outside of it within my LOS.

And yes it's a new game.

You cannot conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.
Lord Hornburg
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 10:32 EDT (US)     6 / 8       
I agree with old celt and i suppose you might see it if you had a BATTLE on rhodes not a SIEGE. If you go to options and look in the top corner it should say your version 1.2 hopefully or 1.1 for the first patch

In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons.

Download my first map, please comment! http://stronghold.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2659

Lasha
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 12:18 EDT (US)     7 / 8       
In siege it only shows the town and a few things behind it. You would only see it on an actual battle.

At least that was what I thought...

■L■■A■■S■■H■■A■

[This message has been edited by MyArse (edited 20-08-2009 @ 19:50 PM).]
patty_c_63
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 05:24 EDT (US)     8 / 8       
thanks guys. ill tewst out the battle not seige theory. fingers crossed.....

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames