You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » retraining general's bodyguards
Bottom
Topic Subject:retraining general's bodyguards
karoaper
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 14:43 EDT (US)         
I have a question, why is it that when I retrain the general's bodyguard, the number stays the same. Also what governs how many guard a general has, because different generals have varying numbers of guard. And how can I increase the number of bodyguards for a general.
AuthorReplies:
The Crazy Person
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 15:23 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Any losses the General's bodyguard sustains in battle is automatically regenerated in the next turn. The number of body guards is determined if the character is a faction member, the faction heir or the faction leader.

Generalissimo TCP | FREE SYRIA!
Xaph's Forumer of the Year '08, Best Thread and Most likely to be sigged, '08
"I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai
Faulty Toaster
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 21:51 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
i believe the (maximum) number of guards for a basic general is 25 for cavalry, or 36 for chariots. for faction heirs/leaders that's doubled. and as for retraining, that's probably due to improved weapons/armour being available.

i didn't think the guards regenerated after every battle... i thought it went up 1 per turn.

Makaan
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 21:52 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
actually I think that it regenerates over several turns (in one battle my gen lost almost the entire unit, then the next turn had more units then next turn more still, then I did another battle)
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 21:53 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I have got 99 in my generals bodyguard before.

Join the Citadel: Total War mod. A modification for Rome: Total War.
Citadel: Total War
Saranalos and Custer's game
I love my bowler hat!
Faulty Toaster
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 21:55 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
oh... does unit size play a part, by any chance? i normally play on large (base 80).
Themistocles472
Legionary
posted 06 February 2005 22:31 EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Yes, um, unit size tens to play a part in the size of your general's unit......

It regenerates the units at a rate of so many per turn. Try putting them in a settlement when they have sustained heavy losses. If you retrain units that are at max number of men, or generals units, it is to improve their weapons/armour quality.

karoaper
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 03:55 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
The maximum number of guards I've been able to retrain is 17 (with unit sizes set to small).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames