You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Legionary first cohort?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Legionary first cohort?
Themistocles472
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 00:05 EDT (US)         
I want to know everything about them. I have only seen bits and pieces posted. They are trainable in 1.2. How/when/where? I have seen people say they are better than urbans. Is that true? If so, how exactly? I have seen that they give a moral bonus to the rest of your troops, and a penalty if you lose them. I have also seen that they are only trainable in Rome. So, what's the DL on the first cohorts? (I have never had one)

I am hoping that, if nothing else, you can use them the way the Gauls would use druids by stationing them behind the main infantry line for a morale bonus and reserves for the moment/point of crisis.

[This message has been edited by Themistocles472 (edited 02-07-2005 @ 00:06 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 07 February 2005 00:09 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
They are trainable in Rome only. They are identical to 120 men legionary cohorts, but their morale is much better thanks to the eagle and they also cause nearby units to have better morale.
The Crazy Person
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 00:11 EDT (US)     2 / 4       

If I had a nickel for every thread about the legionary first cohort... I'd put them in a canvas bag and drop it from atop the empire state building.

Generalissimo TCP | FREE SYRIA!
Xaph's Forumer of the Year '08, Best Thread and Most likely to be sigged, '08
"I think George W. Bush is closer to being the single greatest president in US history" - Merai
Themistocles472
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 00:14 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Well, I scanned titles the first page of the general/strategy forums and saw nothing. Also I have been checking the board somewhat often since I found it shortly after getting the game and I havn't seen a whole lot about them. I guess I had all the info already but I wasn't sure how reliable what I remembered seeing here and there was.

[This message has been edited by Themistocles472 (edited 02-07-2005 @ 00:15 AM).]

Hikari
Legionary
(id: echowinds)
posted 07 February 2005 00:32 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
He doesn't know that you can train them in 1.2.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames