Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Generals
Bottom
Topic Subject:Generals
captainamazing
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 02:32 EDT (US)         
In RTW I noticed that my general (for the Romans, at least) in the historical campaigns looks prepared for battle with a helmet. However, when I select a general unit for custom battles, the general appears as a helmetless soldier.

Anyone know how I can get my general to appear with a helmet? I'm sure it has no effect on gameplay, but it looks better, in my opinion.

AuthorReplies:
beekay
Legionary
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 07 February 2005 03:03 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Hmm... the one with a helmet might be the Armoured General (available with patch 1.2 )

sig
greasypig
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 04:38 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I was under the impression that family members with helmets on in their picture have some sort of command ability while the helmet-less ones have more management traits.
Is that a fair enough assumption or is my brain not in a mobile service area?
And, I don't know how you can change your generals' appearance although I wish I did because I would get all my family members hair regrowth treatment!!!

"We must fight so well, that each man believes himself to be the chief cause of our victory."

[This message has been edited by greasypig (edited 02-07-2005 @ 04:43 AM).]

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 07 February 2005 07:42 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
AFAIK, only family members have their helmets on, while captains don't. And as your general in your custom battle isn't a family member, he is recognized as nothing but a characterless person.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
Draigh
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 09:34 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
^^ Completely correct and dumb as hell.

Outoi sunechthein,
Alla sunphilein ephun
- Antigonč

Not to hate,
But to Love I was born

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to: