You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » New senate missions?
Bottom
Topic Subject:New senate missions?
Ferret
Legionary
(id: The_Ferret)
posted 07 February 2005 16:05 EDT (US)         
Since the patch, i've been getting new senate missions, like assasinations, "the senate thinks the world would be better without this man. Assasinate him" and they give you 10 turns.

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
AuthorReplies:
Anubite lord
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 16:19 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
nice
i"ll have to play as the juli or the brutii(I've beat the campaign with the sciplii)

Veni vedi Veci
The motto of all anubites and Secluids
Check out my secluid guide here
Roman General
posted 07 February 2005 17:07 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
lol, I wanna get senate missions to kill people! I need to download the patch, but my game is on another computer and it has a different version of Windows, so I cant download it to a disk....and even then, the download would take about 7 hrs (damn dail up)

ΧΊ°”˜`”°ΊΧ
(―`·._.·[ ]·._.·΄―)
Oº°¨¨°ºO Roman General Oº°¨¨°ºO
––––•(-• •-)•––––
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt; born 28th of October 2004, died 28th of October 2004
In peace, sons bury thier fathers; in war, fathers bury thier sons. -- Herodotus
espeed
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 17:24 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
dial up is more like 2 1/2 hours
LordDragatus
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 17:29 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Depends. I needed about 4 hours and I have ISDN.

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.
albanach
Legionary
posted 07 February 2005 18:10 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I had assassination missions from the senate before the patch - usually enemy faction family members. The rewards for success are pretty good, as I recall: exotic units, for example.
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 07 February 2005 19:41 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Lol. Mine are the total opposite. Recently I've been ordered to send diplomats on peace missions to other factions. Well, it's not ordering the massacre of thousands, but it's better than doing nothing. I'm actually trying to conquer as little as possible without the Senate's permission...what an ass kisser...

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Koranis
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 09:29 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
There are no new missions in the 1.2. I had assassinations, various diplomatic missions and the regular conquest & blockade missions before as well. I was thinking about some optimization done to the triggers but in my current campaign (post-patch) I've seen 70 years passing without any unusual assignments from the senate. So now I think it depends on your situation. Or on your luck. Or both.
--------
Ace,

this is my tactic too It's obvious and realistic that if you don't conquer vast territories without Senate permission you are not dangerous, and it seems the game has been made with that philosophy as a base. But since a "normal" player wouldn't wait on his butt like us now, the Senate tries to take him out eventually and this is what everyone has done here till now. Maybe there's another way to take over Rome. The manual also mentions the popularity in the Senate...

[This message has been edited by Koranis (edited 02-08-2005 @ 09:34 AM).]

Sleeper2
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 11:29 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
they're just more common. enemy spys, diplomats, and assasins are more common. general speeches have little tidbits added here and there. there's more stuff to be seen in the battle scenes. battle timer option.. ummm some enemy AI changes that are great. i've been noticing a TON of little things here and there
Calum
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 11:43 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
when i was told to take lilebaeum from carthage as the brutii i cheated and just bought it of them for 3500 denari, it now make me 1500 aprox per turn, a nice little buy, and the senate gave me 3000 denari as the reward!!!!!

English & Proud
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames