You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Help with Gaul and in general...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help with Gaul and in general...
Darth Utilizer
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 13:09 EDT (US)         
i've started playing my first vh/vh as carthage. i managed to oust the scipii from sicily and then took care of them at capua.

i also ousted the brutii from tarentum and croton. they took apollonia and apear to be pre-occupied by the greeks at the moment.

i didn't want to take rome yet b/c if i "over-expand" the game ends all too suddenly.

but now to the predicament at hand:

my armies have pushed spain back to thier last city in the northern mountains of the iberian peninsula. i have taken narbo maritius and lugdunum. i lost masilla to the transalpine gauls and i have had a hard time holding onto my territories in southern gaul. i have sent a massive fleet towards condate redonum in the hopes of isolating the gauls from trade and conquering brittany.

i have control of everything in africa except siwa and westward. i hold cyrene and i intend to use it to seize kydonia, sparta, and athens.

i have been unable to secure alliances but have truly made no effort to contact the selucids, macedonians, dacians, or parthians. i think germany will ally with me, though.

if the germans ally me i will take only condate redonum, lemonum, masilla, lugdunum, and the gaulic transalpine territories.

can someone tll me how to make this go smoothly?

i have two generals in spain finishing off the spain in auster? and a general in the sea of the coast of gaul. as well as a general in capua and one in cyrene and lepcis magna.

any help?

"You know, Moms and Dads these days are like the Democratic Party: lame, spineless and not holding up their end of the equation. And kids are like the Republicans: drunk with power and out of control." -Bill Maher
AuthorReplies:
beekay
Legionary
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 08 February 2005 14:30 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Well, Gauls are barbarians. They have crap morale. So, get elephants to charge straight through thier main line, and charge shock cavalry on the flanks, at which point the army will rout. I would suggest using flaming arrows, but Carthaginians don't get archers...

sig
Darth Utilizer
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 20:13 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
yeah well, my plans to invade britain were sunk when their diplomat offered me an alliance. they have since expanded significantly towards german and gaulic territory.

the greeks are now expelled from asia minor and i have taken sparta.

the spanish are dead and i have managed to screw up royally with the spqr. they bribed capua and have armies everywhere. i'm sending everything to quash them. i hope its enough.

"You know, Moms and Dads these days are like the Democratic Party: lame, spineless and not holding up their end of the equation. And kids are like the Republicans: drunk with power and out of control." -Bill Maher
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames