Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Help In General
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help In General
Philo
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 14:46 EDT (US)         
Ok, beaten the the campaign with Scipii on m/m so I thought I would try someone other than Romans. Also I wanted to get on to harder difficulty settings, so I went with Britons on h/h. I got hammered, absolutely hammered. My problem is battles. I generally try and outflank with cavalry or something but all my tacics just seem to go out the window when the fighting starts, everything happens so fast. I have looked on here and there are loads of Help topics, I have tried so many things but nothing seems to work. Thinking of trying Egyptians on h/h see how it goes (on that note how do I make my units stretch out in a line (so I can use the "long line in the sand" tactic)). Any advice would be mutch appreciated, also having tried the game on h/h I have much more respect for those of you on vh/vh.
AuthorReplies:
Caspergear
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 16:11 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Well, because I'm kinda lame like that, I routinely pause the game while i'm playing, to give orders. It's good for sp, but it won't work online. But it's good, because the computer doesn't have to move the mouse around to order movements around, while a human opponent does.

i want to walk up the side of a mountain
i want to walk down the other side of a mountain
i want to swim in the rivers and lie in the sun
i want to be nice to everyone
LordDragatus
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 16:17 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
To change formation you simply right click, but before releasing the mouse button you drag it to the right. You can also increase formation witdth by pressing some key on the keyboard. You can press F1 during batle and look it up on the list.

Well, I haven't played the Britons yet, so I can't say much about using their units. But if things are going too fast you can always pause the battle.

Egyptians are one of the easist factions. Numidia to your west is not much of a threat. Seleucids to the north have inferior units at this point of the game so you should be able to beat them easily. At least they use phalanxes alot so battles shouldn't be quite as chaotic - unless you make them that way with your chariots and Desert Cavalry. Speaking of Desert Cavalry, get lots of those. They are excelent at taking out generals, horse archers and they can deal pretty well with chariots as well.

Lord Dragatus, 30th member of BTOOIC, The One Who Killed the Cow.
Makaan
Legionary
posted 08 February 2005 16:48 EDT (US)     3 / 3       

Quote:

To change formation you simply right click, but before releasing the mouse button you drag it to the right

they should put that in the tutorial I did not find out about that until I played medieval demo the other day and it is a big help with complx formations

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames