You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » An Easy Way to Manage your Empire
Bottom
Topic Subject:An Easy Way to Manage your Empire
Ahmose
Legionary
posted 17 May 2005 00:50 EDT (US)         
Hi all members,
These are some notes and ideas I thougt may be can help to manage your empire specailly if it was a big one.
I already know that a lot of you know what I will write next .. but I guss there are always new players to RTW so, may be this post will add a handfull help to them. However, I like sharing my ideas and experiance about the game and hope all people will do the same.
A tall intro but .. cann't get it shorter.
Most of the players get board and don't complete any compagin once they became one of the biggest empires in the world. This mainly because the huge number of cities thay must handle..building , training units and taxes and happieness ..etc. In RTW there are some TABS for all this process. They located to the right to the map in the compagin map screen. You will find four of them. Army , cities , agents and fleets.
Army's Tab :
This tab will help you in locating your armies eather if they were in a city , a ship or in the open field. It contains three columns. From left to right is Name , Status and Soldiers.
Name refers to the head or the leader of the army. If he a family member you will see his picture , name , command stars , influance and managment scrolls. Status display mainly the location of the army. Soldiers will show you the number that every army have. By left clicking on every army will transfer you to his location. The most important thing is you can sort your armies as you wish. If you left clicked on the word " Name " , all armies will be sort alphabetically from the top to the bottom. The same if you clicked on the word " status " all armies will be sort by thier location and " soldiers " will sort them by the army size.
Settlement's Tab :
All mentioned above can be done in this tab, too. But with more options like " population " will sort all settlements by the population size. " governor " will sort them by the existing governors in all cities. You can see under " name " column every settlement name. The real fun begins here. You can by Right clicking on any settlement bring its construction or training window without the need going to every one and click on the construction button.. and I think it is a pain process. You must notic if you left clicked on the settlement name you will be transfered to the city location. The result from this part is a nice and easy way to manage your big empire with less effort. My personal setup to the settlement's tab is sorting all settlements by the population and begin to order building and by this way, you will build your most important buildings in your biggest cities. After that, I click on the public order to sort them by the loylaty and start handeling the taxes. Of course there are a lot methods you can practise with this tab. Ah, if there is a governor in the city you will be able to see his picture.
Agent's Tab :
Contains two columns " Name " and " status " . By clicking on either the first or the second will sort all agents alphabetically or by type ( spy , diplomat and assassin ). As a rule , by left clicking on the agent you will be taken to his location. By right clicking you will bring a window to show you his skills and retenu.
Final Notes :
I hope this post will be helpfull to all who geting bored from his compagin and I remember my dear reader that post will serve the most new players to RTW. So, I DON'T WISH TO SEE A REPLY SAYS " Idiot we know this " . Mey be others don't know what you know.
After all the man who controls his empire well , will complete his compagin to the end ( joke ).
Thanks for reading my post.

[This message has been edited by Ahmose (edited 05-19-2005 @ 04:34 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Rapidly
Legionary
posted 17 May 2005 13:20 EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Thanks Ahmose, I know a lot but still I learned a few useful things from your post. And by the way, it's "tab" (confused me at first
Ferret
Legionary
(id: The_Ferret)
posted 17 May 2005 13:33 EDT (US)     2 / 10       
*whacks head at keyboard*

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT WHEN I STARTED PLAYING CAMPAIGN AGAIN (finally took a whole 1 day off modding the game) thank you for the memory boost. OH YES!!! I AM GOD AGAIN!!!

POSTER NUMBER ONE IN HOLY ROMAN PARTY XV
"Live forever, or die trying!"
TWH Baths Forumer of the Month - November 06
Ahmose
Legionary
posted 19 May 2005 00:04 EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Thx mates ..
as for " Tap " it has been corrected. Hope this post was helpfull for everyone. Please if you read this post and feel it is worth reading so, let me know.
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 19 May 2005 05:19 EDT (US)     4 / 10       
I only discovered those tabs recently, about the first or second week in April...and I have been playing since Christmas last year. I just right clicked or something on one of those tabs, and, well, I was surprised.

I'm not sure how I missed that in the manual. I read it (well, to be truthful, I skimmed the manual on Christmas day and kept looking at it ever since)...yet, I didn't really take notice of the tabs. I left the Prologue before it finished - so if I missed the tabs in the manual, then I could have easily left the Prologue before they were mentioned.

The tabs make people really feel like a leader of a faction.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!

[This message has been edited by Kaidonni (edited 05-19-2005 @ 05:19 AM).]

1ArCHeR1
Legionary
posted 19 May 2005 12:09 EDT (US)     5 / 10       
The game doesn't tell you about the tabs. CA sucks at manuals and tutorials.

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
NA Lord Blaine
Legionary
posted 19 May 2005 14:49 EDT (US)     6 / 10       
wow i just saw the tabs...
and there are tabs for batles too, where u can auto choose a formation and a general startegy sort of thing.
greasypig
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 01:56 EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Outstanding post. But I was wondering if someone could be more specific about the locations of the tabs. I can't seem to find 'em!! Damn my eyes.

"We must fight so well, that each man believes himself to be the chief cause of our victory."
khariV
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 03:43 EDT (US)     8 / 10       
I stumbled across this once or twice in the course of playing a campaign, but I never knew what I did to get the screens to come up. After reading this post, I went on a spree to figure out how to get things to happen...

To those having a hard time figuring out what they're talking about here - they are in the center bottom of the screen (Army / City / Agents) - between the map on the left and the faction status / next turn button on the right. They are over the unit card display area and are the same ones that light up when you highlight a city - These are grayed out if you have nothing selected (no unit / no city). (Dont think I can get more explicit than that without a screen shot.)

To get the "all armies" or "all cities" window to come up RIGHT CLICK on the tab with nothing selected.

[This message has been edited by khariV (edited 05-20-2005 @ 03:46 AM).]

1ArCHeR1
Legionary
posted 21 May 2005 15:55 EDT (US)     9 / 10       
About the ones in the battle... you're not just talking about the formation buttons, are you?

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
Dricus Frisii
Legionary
posted 25 May 2005 04:59 EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Ha.. really thouhgt this was some kind of joke. Playing the game for months now, but never right-clicked on those tabs. Nice to know, but I don't think I'm gonna use it much.
About the battle tabs: Haven't found those yet...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames