You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » How can I "lose" when I'm winning?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How can I "lose" when I'm winning?
Le Chat
Legionary
posted 19 May 2005 18:35 EDT (US)         
The year 195 BC. I am the Scippii. I control 32 territories. I have not however finished off the last Numidian city. Suddenly, I am imformed that the Brutii have won! They have only 16 territories. They control the Britons (as a protectorate) and they have 12 territories. So how can I have lost? The Greeks and Macedonians were gone. Do you have to satisfy the small campaign conditions first as well in the imperial campaign?
Needless to say, losing ticked me off! I was given the option of continuing but if I don't get to see the victory video once I get Rome and 50 territories, I would take the fun out of it. Any ideas here?
AuthorReplies:
Hikari
Legionary
(id: echowinds)
posted 19 May 2005 18:54 EDT (US)     1 / 15       
You were playing short campaign.

Centurion Triarii
Legionary
(id: Triarii)
posted 20 May 2005 03:54 EDT (US)     2 / 15       
He's too right I'm afraid.

May your victories be grand and your rule be long and wise

-Centurion Triarii

Le Chat
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 06:58 EDT (US)     3 / 15       
No, I thought that might be it but my victory conditions in the faction screen was the conquer Rome and 50 provinces bit not the conquer Carthage and Numidia before the other families beat their enemies. I wonder if it is a bug or a condition for the imperial campaign that I didn't know about?
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 May 2005 08:25 EDT (US)     4 / 15       
That cannot happen in the full imperial campaign. Either you were playing a short campaign, or you need to reinstall as you have some weird bug.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Blunderboy
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 08:38 EDT (US)     5 / 15       
What happens f you play a short campaign, lose and continue? does it change your victory conditions to the standard "Capture 50 provinces and Rome"?
Because maybe you were playing a short one and when you lost and carried on it changed the conditions.

WWW.C3LL.NET - War is C3ll
Official RTWH Spelling Enforcement Officer
Voted The Most Normal Looking Forumer, 2005
The saddest sight in all the world is a battle lost. The second saddest sight is a battle won.
EdStargazer
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 10:51 EDT (US)     6 / 15       
Reload the last saved game and doublecheck the Victory Conditions on the scroll you see when you click the faction symbol in the lower right. It will tell you right there which campaign you are playing.

Just because someone has the ability to do something, does not mean they Should
scipio_africanus
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 13:27 EDT (US)     7 / 15       
It must have been a short campaign. Have you installed any mods that might mess this up?

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
Draigh
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 14:07 EDT (US)     8 / 15       

Quote:

How can I "lose" when I'm winning?

Very simply.

Oh, wait, that's not the question. Apologies.

Outoi sunechthein,
Alla sunphilein ephun
- Antigonθ

Not to hate,
But to Love I was born

NA Lord Blaine
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 14:52 EDT (US)     9 / 15       
if the britons were their protectorate, any briton city counts as 1 tht the bruti control, so if britan had a large empire and bruti conquored rome, they win, or
u might be playing short campaingne

––––––––––•(-• ₤ o r d B l a i n Ʃ •-)•––––––––––
RTWH | ETWH | OD [ Hark Upon the Gale ] [―――――]†λ†[―――――]
«Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.»
~Albert Einstein
Le Chat
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 21:53 EDT (US)     10 / 15       
It wasn't the short campaign. I just wonder considering the slow pace the "other" families take when they are AI if it is rare that in the big campaign that they beat you to the victory conditions in the short campaign (when you are playing the big campaign). The only reason I didn't take Numidia out quicker is that I didn't think I needed to. I wonder if I should continue with the game and see if I can "win" when I get to 50 and Rome or not? Hmmm.....
DeadFrog
Legionary
posted 21 May 2005 01:41 EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Stupid question, but who has Rome?
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 21 May 2005 04:34 EDT (US)     12 / 15       
The Senate.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
DeadFrog
Legionary
posted 21 May 2005 05:16 EDT (US)     13 / 15       
he never said that
Le Chat
Legionary
posted 21 May 2005 07:38 EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Yes, the Senate has Rome. Has anyone out there ever lost the short campaign and continued playing? Is that possible? Does it turn into the imperial campaign? I think I will continue on with the game and see what happens.
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 21 May 2005 07:41 EDT (US)     15 / 15       

Quote:

he never said that

When was the last time you see an AI faction attacking Rome, let alone successfully?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames