Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » End of Time
Bottom
Topic Subject:End of Time
RTS_GamerGuy
Legionary
posted 19 May 2005 20:08 EDT (US)         
I know that if you dont meet the campaign requirements by like 12 AD or something, the game ends. After you beat the campaign and continue, will it still end in 12 AD? Or do you have unlimited time? If it does end, is there a mod to lengthen the amount of time there is? There should be.

Marvin: I ache therefore I am. Or, in my case, I am therefore I ache. Oh look, I appear to be lying in the bottom of a very deep hole. That seems a familiar concept, what does it remind me of? Ah, yes. Life. ~Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Radio Show
AuthorReplies:
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 19 May 2005 20:14 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Well, first of all: If you beat your campaign you can either continue it, or end it. When the victory scroll pops up, you can press escape, save it, then continue playing (I think you have to go to the start menu).

There doesn't really need to be a mod. It's very easy to change the end date by yourself. Go into the campaign descr. txt file and change the end date from 14 AD to whatever you want. (I'm pretty sure this works)

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 20 May 2005 05:04 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
From what I've heard, it's in pre 1.2 that you need to do the saving, etc to continue. Post 1.2, I think I've heard that it gives you the option of continuing.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!
Commisar Clark
posted 20 May 2005 05:29 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
RTS_GamerGuy,
The ability to change time is already staring us in the face, my friend.

Go into:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign then the Descr_strat file.

After scrolling down past what factions are playable, unlockable and unplayable (non for me with luvian's all faction mod installed), you should see:

start_date-270 summer
end_date14 summer

Change it until your heart is content. But do make sure to either make a backup or write down the original date on some paper and leave it by your computer.

-TMP

The Mighty Pharaoh AKA Jonathon Clark
"Gods...I hate Gauls...My grandfather hated them too...Even before they put out his eyes..."
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 May 2005 06:14 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Make a backup of the whole file. I have backups of the original as well as any changes I have made, whether they work or not. If it all goes wrong, you can put the originals back, and that has never failed me yet. The way I would recommend is to save the backups for desc_strat.txt as:
XXXORIGINALdesc_strat.txt.
XXXALLFACTIONSdesc_strat.txt.
XXXMOD1desc_strat.txt.
XXXMOD2desc_strat.txt.
XXXMOD3desc_strat.txt.
XXXMOD4desc_strat.txt.
etc.

This way, you can replace them by merely using save as and removing the capitals. They are also right at the end of the folder due to the X's, so you don't have to go hunting for them.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 21 May 2005 09:08 EDT (US)     5 / 6       

Quote:

start_date -270 summer
end_date 14 summer

Hmm, perhaps I should give the Prologue a go again.
Last time I played it I needed a pitiful two turns more to complete it!

Oh, and... Gaius Julius rocks.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok

[This message has been edited by GloryofSparta (edited 05-21-2005 @ 09:09 AM).]

Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 21 May 2005 09:10 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Yeah, I love the prologue. I started it again BUT - After you start, the game thinks your a noob again, and everytime you click on a scroll or something, Victoria pops up out of nowhere and tells you about it. Every dang thing.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames