Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » first greek campaign
Bottom
Topic Subject:first greek campaign
OneHotMinute
Legionary
posted 23 May 2005 14:59 EDT (US)         
hey,Iv been reading these forums for a while, thought Id register and contribue

Iv played a few campaigns, as the Julii, Brittiana, Scythia and now im trying out the greek cities.

Whenever I play any other civs the Greeks always get wasted pretty early on, so I wanted to see if it was challenge.I was doing it on VH/VH ofcourse.

I always see the Scipii take over Sicily quickly, so I though id be hard and attack them first so I attacked there army and managed to beat their main force on the Island, then take Messana by the 2nd turn. Meanwhile on greece I attacked macedon, and have taken Corinth, Larissa and Athens.

I gave messana to the Carthegians, as I thought they would get attacked by Scipii trying to retake it.However they never bothered, and instead the brutii sent a massive 1400 men army after me on Syracuse! I had 3 familly memebers there, including my faction leader. It was a fierce battle, they attacked with siege towers,ladders and a battering ram. The ram was destroyed by my towers, and my archers burnt the tower to ash. I think that screwed with the AI cos hundreds of infantry just stood outside my walls getting killed by arrows.

After a while they attacked and took the gatehouse.They all charged down the street into 2 waiting hoplites, who killed many but ran away.I had to rush my other hoplites from the other road into the plaza,and held back the enemy with peasants and general calvary.they got slaughtered and I lostr 2 familly members, including my faction leader.however my other hoplites arrived,and through some miracle made mass route! hehe I won with 120/630 troops left.

You know how the brutii always take apollonia on the greek coast?I think there army to invade greece instead went to Syracuse but got destroyed, because I managed to take Apollonia when it was still a rebel city.Im wondering how the Romans will expand now that Iv taken there 'starter' cities kinda thing.

anyway if anyones got any tips for greeks or suggestions id be happy to hear them! cheers

AuthorReplies:
NA Lord Blaine
Legionary
posted 23 May 2005 15:53 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
one of the brutti senate misions is to take saracuse.
and as greeks, i tnk that masivly atacking 1 spot would be good, either go after italain peninsula, greek peninsula, or asia minor and kil pontus and selucids.

i tnk ill start a greek campaingn after i finish my bruti1, it is going well.

––––––––––•(-• ₤ o r d B l a i n Ʃ •-)•––––––––––
RTWH | ETWH | OD [ Hark Upon the Gale ] [¯¯¯¯¯]†λ†[¯¯¯¯¯]
«Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.»
~Albert Einstein
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 23 May 2005 16:04 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
On vh, all AI factions team up against the player. You needed to take all of Sicily and hold it if you were going that way.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Legio Yow
Legionary
posted 23 May 2005 18:25 EDT (US)     3 / 4       

Quote:

anyway if anyones got any tips for greeks or suggestions id be happy to hear them!

If you cede a city away, I would never give it to an enemy who could potentially use it against me. I would have ceded it maybe to somebody like Pontus. But I never give a city away unless I have no chance of protecting it, and that very rarely happens.

Quote:

Im wondering how the Romans will expand now that Iv taken there 'starter' cities kinda thing.

They will continue to attack your coastal Apollonia and maybe Thermon. I even once saw them attack Salona and use it as a base.

"That which we call a nose can still smell!"
-Reduced Shakespeare Company

"Abroad, French transit workers attempt to end a strike, only to discover that they have forgotten how to operate the trains. Everybody enjoys a hearty laugh and returns to the café." -Dave Barry

[This message has been edited by Legio Yow (edited 05-23-2005 @ 06:25 PM).]

DeadFrog
Legionary
posted 24 May 2005 07:03 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
They wouldn't pay you for the city?

ALL factions vs. you when you play VH? Dear God, how do you win? They already have infinite money and all units take 0 turns to make.

I wonder if the AI would make too many soldiers if you were beating him back, and bleed his cities population down to zero...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames