You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » setting formation when sallying out
Bottom
Topic Subject:setting formation when sallying out
Sleeper2
Legionary
posted 23 May 2005 20:50 EDT (US)         
sometimes, when i start a battle where the troops are put my default, it lets me select the infantry (all) and drag a line, therefor choosing how many ranks deep, etc. but other times, seemingly at random, it doesn't give me that privalege. the yellow arrow just pop up, with a bunch of squares, and arranged exactly how there were when they were behind the walls. ANNOYING. it's basically impossible to fight if you can't make your infantry form up when you sally out. i noticed it doesn't seem to make a difference if i do anything with them before i stop deployment and start the battle either. pls help if you know anything!!
AuthorReplies:
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 24 May 2005 04:40 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
You grouped them.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
RTS_GamerGuy
Legionary
posted 24 May 2005 10:50 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
I tend to march my troops out as quickly as possible. If you sallyed against them prematurely, they probably won't go for you, but instead wait in one place. Then I group my entire army, put troops with pila on fire at will, group formation Foot First 3 is my favorite, missile hell and then cavalry destruction. Then march as close as possible to them and kill (After letting your troops fire as many pila as possible first, though).

Thats just me, however

Marvin: I ache therefore I am. Or, in my case, I am therefore I ache. Oh look, I appear to be lying in the bottom of a very deep hole. That seems a familiar concept, what does it remind me of? Ah, yes. Life. ~Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Radio Show
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames