You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Help!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help!
il Padrino
Legionary
posted 22 October 2004 13:57 EDT (US)         
First of all I would like to apologise for creating a new topic regarding a few questions that may already have been answered. Im new here and would sure appriciate some help with some of my "problems" regarding RTW.

First of all, Im kind of a rookie to the RTS games, so keep that in mind ( Im not to good with computers either... )

I was playing the Julii family on the easiest level ( of course ). I was pretty successfull. I had conquered the north east africa, Hispania, Gaul, Germania, Brittania, Thracia, Dalmatia, some parts of Dacia, the entire Italian peninsula and was closing in on Asia Minor ( Turkey ).

All of a sudden, after winning a battle, a topic with "VICTORY" popped up and ended the game! I had not defeated the Brutii, Scipii, Dacia, Pontus, Greek states and Egypt, and there were A LOT of landmass left to explore and conquer.

I checked the Guide and it said that to win an "Imperial Campaign" as a roman fraction, you "only" have to take Rome and conquer enough territory to win. I was so devastated and disappointed! I wanted to conquer it all and to se the "world" turn roman red!

I figured it would be like this: Once you defeated the other roman fraction and ended the roman civil war, you could, if you wanted, proclaim yourself emperor and continue to fight the other nations that were left.

I tought it would be cool if the titel "Fraction leader" and "Fraction Heir" would change into "Caesar" and "Throne Heir".

But... is this it? Isnt it kind of stupid that You cant conquer the entire map?

So, my question is this:

1. Is this it, or am I making some sort of mistake - perhaps missing to make some adjustment or something?

AuthorReplies:
Maurus Augustus
Legionary
posted 22 October 2004 15:23 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
As far as i know that's it, but if you play the short campaign after you finish it, it will ask you if you want to continue playing so maybe there you can conquer the whole map or you could play a long campaign and save rome for the last moment
eddie291
Legionary
posted 22 October 2004 15:52 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
well the short campaingn is basically the regular long one. if they ask you to continue and you say yeah, it will go on just like if u didnt start on the short campaign but on the long one instead. and as for continueing the game after the victory screen pops up, i hear u have to pree ctrl+s. im not exactly sure about the buttons or whether this is true, but its worth a try.

and they really should do add a campaign where you can take over all of the map in the next patch or maybe someone can make a mod for it.

[This message has been edited by eddie291 (edited 10-22-2004 @ 03:55 PM).]

il Padrino
Legionary
posted 23 October 2004 04:17 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Thanks for the advice! Ill try them out.

It was quite the anti climax when, after five days of playing ( remember Im just a rookie ), it all just ended with nothing. Really disappointing.

eddie291
Legionary
posted 23 October 2004 13:13 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
but then again you were playing on easy so try hard or medium. maybe that'll make it last longer.
aom dude
Legionary
posted 23 October 2004 17:17 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
An option to continue is always good but unfortunately it's not there. Finishing the campaign once doesn't mean you can sell the game, there are still many other factions you can play with and you should try a higher difficulty level and play all the battles yourself.

EDIT: http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,219,0,10

Someone made a mod wich will allow you to conquer the world. I haven't tried it out myself, first I have to finish a long campaign, I always start over when I have about 20 provinces.

It's lame to quote yourself - aom dude

[This message has been edited by aom dude (edited 10-23-2004 @ 05:20 PM).]

drunk_baron
Legionary
posted 24 October 2004 05:56 EDT (US)     6 / 7       
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!!!!!!!

I cannot take credit for this, I saw it in the strategy forum as an answer to a similar question, and if I had the time I'd go and find the author and credit him.

To continue playing after victory is acheived

when the victory screen comes up press ctrl+s and the game will make a quicksave. Now press return to menu and then load the quicksave, this will get you back to where you got victory, all you do now is continue playing for as long as you want.

[This message has been edited by drunk_baron (edited 10-24-2004 @ 05:58 AM).]

eddie291
Legionary
posted 24 October 2004 11:03 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
yeah i think that was mentioned in another thread here.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames