You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » How to conquer rome!!!!!!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to conquer rome!!!!!!!!
I_Alexander
Legionary
posted 19 October 2005 13:29 EDT (US)         
Guys its gettin tough for me to get rome turn after turn as my popularity wiht the senate goes down to the bottom and eith the plebs its full popularity. i am playin the BRUTUII and i have 40 Provinces and i 600000 denarii . but can t find a solution as the senate orders a sucide of my faction leader . i have conquered egypt , whole of greece and have other provinces but my main base is a bit weak and when im leavin for a seige and my faction is outlawed all of them julii scpii attack me its gettin worst they are taking my provinces turn by turn. PLEASE GIVE ME A SLOUTION TO THIS

SIGN
AlexanderTheGreat
AuthorReplies:
impudent_one
Legionary
posted 19 October 2005 13:32 EDT (US)     1 / 14       
The ordering of the death of your faction leader is a prelude to civil war with the senate... Prepare your Legions to march against there fellow Romans so that you the Brutii may become the Leaders of the Roman world
I_Alexander
Legionary
posted 19 October 2005 13:57 EDT (US)     2 / 14       
but is there a secret to win 1 VS 3 and their armies larger than mine.and to omly conquereing rome is not the solution as u have to hold 50 provinces.

SIGN
AlexanderTheGreat
Themistocles472
Legionary
posted 19 October 2005 14:08 EDT (US)     3 / 14       
There is no secret. Build large armies, march on your enemies, win the battles.

Two or three vs one is commonplace in RTW.

MEGAS_ALEXANDROS
Legionary
posted 20 October 2005 03:12 EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Someone who signs as Alexander the Great wants help!?

I can only give you one good advise, never turn your back even on so called allies, always keep a good reserve of troops behind, 8-10 units is a good initial when trouble begins.

When i was playing as Julii i found a good tactic that helped most of the times when outnumbered, let them lay siege and attack them, try a diversion attack from front while you lead your horses from another city gate to flank them, no horses well much more difficult but not impossible try to make them follow you near your walls and your archers.

If 3 vs 1 situation occurs you'd better have a couple of hoplites for a good defensive line, or a quick attack before enemy reiforcement are in place could do the trick in order to try and rout at least one army as quickly as possible and try to defeat the others.

However in a 3 vs 1 situation i wish my troops are Macedonian Greek

mechweb
Legionary
posted 20 October 2005 14:56 EDT (US)     5 / 14       
When Rome turned on me, I was off trying to conquer Egypt, and found myself very outnumbered by the Brutii/Scipii. Just the other day, I killed off the last of the Brutii, and have the Scipii on the run.

If you have that much money, just start making units in a bunch of your settlements. You can also try to bribe them, occasionally you will find one that accepts.

Going on the offense when defending a city is also a great tactic, try to take out their siege equipment in the very beginning of the battle with cavalry. Then you will be able to dictate the rest of the battle.

Good luck!

Thanatos
Legionary
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 20 October 2005 21:02 EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Spend! Spend! Spend!
You have 600,000 denarii? Spend it on bribing the enemy and making units in the settlements close to the front lines as the others have said. Assemble them into armies and reinforce them with your existing armies from the other areas of your empire. Make Peace with you non-roman adversaries. It will give you a free hand to deal with Rome.
If you take Rome and destroy S.P.Q.R, then you have a chance to make peace deals with the other roman factions. Then you can take any one of them on, or even a non-roman faction to complete the requirements of 50 provinces to win the game, if you havenít got them already. If you can afford it, launch diversionary attacks on the other factions and open different fronts. This will allow you to take Rome more easily. In the future, always plan your strategy as a roman faction keeping one eye on the inevitable civil war.
Hope that helped!

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42

[This message has been edited by THANATOS (edited 10-20-2005 @ 09:03 PM).]

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 21 October 2005 06:15 EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Take the Senate's army outside Rome. Mercenary Hoplites are awesome in ford battles, especially with Cretan Archers and Rhodian Slingers. I have been outnumbered 3:1 in that battle and killed 1500 for the loss of about 60 men just by setting up Mercenary Hoplites by the ford, Principes at either side and Cretans and Rhodians firing at the troops in the river. Also, keeping your general just behind the Hoplites helps too as his stats (in my case 10 command and 10 influence) gives a bonus (in my case +10 Attack, Morale and Defence Skill to all troops within 100 metres of him - practically my whole army).

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Themistocles472
Legionary
posted 21 October 2005 14:05 EDT (US)     8 / 14       
What makes you think that every command star gives +1 experience to troops around him? I know command stars help but never saw anybody attempt to explain exactly how it goes. I really don't think that's it, or you could put a ten star general behind a unit of peasants and beat a cohort.

Influence has nothing to do with the general's abilities.

[This message has been edited by Themistocles472 (edited 10-21-2005 @ 02:05 PM).]

I_Alexander
Legionary
posted 23 October 2005 03:27 EDT (US)     9 / 14       
TO:MEGAS ALEXANDROS AS and because Alexander has marched his army to egypt and to the north there is little left homeland so in that situation the senate goes on war with me so i had to ask for some real good strategies to defeat the romans that to is 1 on 3.

SIGN
AlexanderTheGreat
Undefeatable
Legionary
posted 25 October 2005 10:48 EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Everyone's advice here is great!

Hers a little more!

Prepare a half size Offensive army! Locate one of your roman enemies cities which are behind Rome that has little to no men holding it! Put your offensive army in a boat, circle up and around Rome, take that empty city!!!! Now you have your main cities below rome, a new one above it. This will confuse them and give you some time to attack Rome! Yes ATTACK IT! Surround it!!

I hope it helps, if not, good luck.

tolnam
Legionary
posted 25 October 2005 22:07 EDT (US)     11 / 14       
You should always have a full stack at every city owned by the enemy romans in Italy. Then, as soon as the plebs like you, or the Senate outlaws you, attack every city. You'll clean up every Roman faction in five years, at worst.
I_Alexander
Legionary
posted 26 October 2005 05:51 EDT (US)     12 / 14       
I have all the money required but i dont have the army around my capital tarentum and most of my army is garissoned and now they are laying seige to all my cities with atleast 3 full stack armies . Even if i lose out i will give it another try with full preparation

SIGN
AlexanderTheGreat
MEGAS_ALEXANDROS
Legionary
posted 27 October 2005 07:19 EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Try getting some Merc. units its a quick way for getting manpower though not very good quality.

My son ask for another Kingdom equal to thyself for Macedonia is too small for thee!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phillip II of Macedon towards his son Alexander the Great

[This message has been edited by MEGAS_ALEXANDROS (edited 10-27-2005 @ 07:24 AM).]

lmao
Legionary
posted 27 October 2005 15:48 EDT (US)     14 / 14       
? I Crushed the Romans with the Greek cities easily, of course it was all on medium difficulty, but Spartan hoplites can really roll up and cut roman legions to pieces.

Imagination is more important than knowledge - Einstein
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames