You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Good sites for Roman history
Bottom
Topic Subject:Good sites for Roman history
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 24 October 2005 16:56 EDT (US)         
Does anyone know any very good sites for Roman history? The reason I'm asking is because I'm doing a pre-production-based module at university in the second year of my animation course, and I've decided to do a visual history trip through the rise and fall of Rome, skipping from scene to scene, from 500BC when the Etruscans lost Latium to the Romans until 476AD when the Western Roman Empire finally collapsed. It should last about 3 minutes...I've got to do storyboards and an animatic, and I need all of the research I can get my hands on to make really good scenes, and to have very good concept art to accompany the storyboards and animatic. Thanks for any help. In fact, it would be appropriate to probably give special thanks in my work to anyone helping. And while we're on the subject...how do I get the music from RTW? You might have read it in another topic, however I'm not sure where to look...

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!
AuthorReplies:
shadowarmy
Legionary
(id: shadowarmy75)
posted 24 October 2005 19:33 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I love amcient Rome and Greece and i like wikipedia.org and http://www.crystalinks.com/rome.html.On wikipedia you have to search for rome. After you finish can you e-mail me a copy. Homerandbeer747@yahoo.com
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 24 October 2005 20:02 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Roman-empire.net is a great source.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 25 October 2005 04:30 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Thanks for the replies. I've used Wikipedia often...don't know why it didn't come instantly to mind...perhaps my brain was (still) switched off. Also, what about the music in RTW? Are there any files that specifically contain certain tracks?

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 26 October 2005 16:52 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
As of tonight, I have decided that my pre-production work will focus on the Battle of Zama, where Scipio defeated Hannibal and put an end to Carthage as a major power. Also, does anyone know where I might find the files for the RTW music?

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 26 October 2005 21:48 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
You can either purchase the official soundtrack from Renella Records, or extract them yourself.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames