Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Broken Alliance
Bottom
Topic Subject:Broken Alliance
Cunobelinus
Legionary
posted 27 October 2005 07:34 EDT (US)         
Playing RTW original last night for the first time since BI and just minding my own business. You know Senate Mission capture Segesta (sp). Did that and noticed that the Scipii had forged an aliiance with Carthage, so what I thought no worries. Couple of turns later Senate Mission Capture Caralais (sp). So within three turns mission succesful. On the drop down menu came the usual Diplomatic Information box but this time was two. Read first one House of Julii and Carthage at War, usual stuff. Before opening second box noticed it was an Alliance in Tatters. Didn't think much of it then opened it and found that the Scipii had torn up the alliance between them and the Julii. I was surprised that within twenty turns of starting the game two Roman houses had broken their alliance. Is this the quickest it has ever happend? Also have others had the same thing happen?

Noli illegitimi carborundum.
If at first you don't succeed give up for it obviously isn't worth the effort.
Why stand up when you can sit down, why sit down when you can lie down.
AuthorReplies:
NA Lord Blaine
Legionary
posted 27 October 2005 17:06 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
wow, lucky you, war with the romans already!

––––––––––•(-• ₤ o r d B l a i n Ʃ •-)•––––––––––
RTWH | ETWH | OD [ Hark Upon the Gale ] [ŻŻŻŻŻ]†λ†[ŻŻŻŻŻ]
ĞPeace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.ğ
~Albert Einstein
lxpeng
Legionary
posted 27 October 2005 17:24 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
More like UNlucky, this early into the game is not good because you're not particularly strong right now, Marius probably hasn't occured yet and the Senate has an army that's more experienced than any troops you'll ever be able to make.
RomanKnight
Legionary
posted 27 October 2005 17:35 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Plus all that cash you lose out on by losing your 3 greatest trading partners.

By this I solemnly swear that the day is coming when the Greeks one and all will miss Achilles badly, and you in your despair will be powerless to help them as they fall in their multitudes to man-slaying Hector. Then you will tear your heart out in remorse for giving no respect to the best of the Greeks. - Swift-footed Achilles, The Iliad
SgtYeaton
Legionary
posted 27 October 2005 18:59 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
the scipii are the weakest faction on italy at the beginning, they should be easy to kick out in the beginning, but SPQR and the julii are a different story
Cunobelinus
Legionary
posted 28 October 2005 01:59 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Sorry forgot one important point. Both the Senate and the Brutii remained as allies to both the Scipii and the Julii. Strange.

Sorry when you get to my age the memory is the first to go.

Noli illegitimi carborundum.
If at first you don't succeed give up for it obviously isn't worth the effort.
Why stand up when you can sit down, why sit down when you can lie down.
LHB UK
Legionary
posted 28 October 2005 05:35 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
This has happened to me twice now, Made a alliance with the British then they go and get themselfs into a war with one of the other Romans, BANG no alliance with the other Romans good thing is you keep trade rights with them.

I though good war with the other romans ,but was unable to attack the other Romans as I did not have the support of the people.

At the moment I have a army sitting outside a British town and help then when they are attacked by the other Romans but I am still unable to attack the other Romans but can help the British when they are attacked but the other Romans.

[This message has been edited by LHB UK (edited 10-28-2005 @ 05:36 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames