You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » I finally figured out what this game needs...
Bottom
Topic Subject:I finally figured out what this game needs...
meatloafster
Legionary
posted 25 October 2004 11:38 EDT (US)         
I couldn't put my finger on it... but I finally figured it out.

There's no family in-fighting.

You could easily switch faction heirs at a whim... when in reality, a Julii, Brutii or Scipii pure-blood would almost never give power of the faction to a brother-in-law. There should be little rivalries within the faction, struggles for power... that should make things very interesting...

AuthorReplies:
Gaius Caesar
Legionary
posted 25 October 2004 14:36 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Id love to see that too. it would make the game a whole lot more challenging. Just think with all the stuff already going on you would still have to keep your faction members happy. should be a patch out that makes this possible
Colovion
Legionary
posted 25 October 2004 19:49 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I'd rather the AI at least try to use the new diplomacy model, instead of acting as if they're using the old model with new garnishes.

Men do not become tyrants in order to keep out the cold

- Aristotle -
Mackan
Legionary
posted 26 October 2004 19:44 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
if you switch faction heir there should be some factors resulting in the ex heir going to war against his family.
like the size and power of the heir and his army, the larger/more experienced he and his army is the bigger the chance he will turn on his familys, if its small or inexperienced he will accept his fate. also if you check info on the heir it should show how big the chance(%) is that he will protest against the switch.
English Patriot
Banned
posted 26 October 2004 20:01 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
ever tried making everyone heirs? Yeah. They get screwed.

The BiL (bro in law) could be in barbaric blood and go to himslef if he takes over.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames