You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Quick Infantry question
Bottom
Topic Subject:Quick Infantry question
steve lambert13
Legionary
posted 27 October 2004 11:14 EDT (US)         
Can anyone tell me when you are holding a defensive line with infantry and they use their pilum, will they automatically start using their swords when the enemy engages them in hand to hand ?
AuthorReplies:
EJay
Legionary
(id: EmperorJay)
posted 27 October 2004 12:11 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
They will. However, you must first set them to fire at will before they'll throw their pilums - just setting them to defensive mode doesn't make them throw their pilums, it just makes them stay where they are.
QuantumPion
Legionary
posted 27 October 2004 15:15 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
No, legionaries can be charged while about to throw pilums, often causing them to immidiately route.
Brock88
Legionary
posted 27 October 2004 16:25 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
I hope you're kidding.

But to answer the question; yes any unit saved for elephants, chariots,and other animal units will use hand-to-hand when charged!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.
Winner of 2005 OD : Best Ownage, Funniest Newbie, and Dinoman Award
"Mastering Others is Strength, Mastering yourself makes you fearless -Lao Tzu"
Colovion
Legionary
posted 27 October 2004 20:19 EDT (US)     4 / 4       

Quote:

Can anyone tell me when you are holding a defensive line with infantry and they use their pilum, will they automatically start using their swords when the enemy engages them in hand to hand ?

Yes. If they are already starting to throw the pilums they will complete the animation, throw the pilum, and then take out their swords.

Men do not become tyrants in order to keep out the cold

- Aristotle -
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames