You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » patch 1.2 and total realism 6 gold mod
Bottom
Topic Subject:patch 1.2 and total realism 6 gold mod
lincolntw
Legionary
posted 23 May 2006 13:00 EDT (US)         
Hi guys, i just patched my rome total war 1.0 to 1.2, installed the total realism 6 and it's 6.2 patch, but when i tried to run the game it crashed and said please insert the correct cd.

I uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled again and tried step by step to try to find out which one was the problem, but now i can't even patch my 1.0 to 1.2, they keep saying that it's already patched but it isn't! Can anyone help here? Thank you!

AuthorReplies:
Rabidnid
Banned
posted 23 May 2006 15:36 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
XP is the problem, ask in technical help for how to alter your registry so that the patch will load. I don't have time as I'm off to work. It might be in an old thread or pinned threads somewhere as well.
lincolntw
Legionary
posted 24 May 2006 05:44 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Thanks i managed to get the patch out of the computer and reinstalled it and yup it's the problem i can't patch to 1.2 without having the No Cd in drive error appear. My problem is that my CD is rome total war gold edition with BI inside. I searched through a lot of the topics about it and all came back with just saying i had to change the CD but those guys were talking about Rome Total War not the gold edition with BI inside so i was wondering is there anyone who knows how to handle it with this issue? Thanks.
Rabidnid
Banned
posted 24 May 2006 09:14 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Can't be done at this stage, you will have to wait for the RTR people to do a BI compatible version of RTR.

This is sort of the same thing for BI, which your computer should run. You need to patch to 1.6 if it isn't on the disk already. There is another similar mod around if you don't like this one, I've not seen it though.

http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,3846,,10

KO66
Banned
posted 24 May 2006 11:57 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Just totally delete everything with RTW and RTR.(To install the RTR Gold Version) Then just start from scratch and follow steps that they have on websites such as www.rometotalrealism.com.I had to try a couple times before i completely deleted everything and start from scratch. And now i have RTR Gold Version and love it.
lincolntw
Legionary
posted 25 May 2006 07:11 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Well the problem is that i can't even install the 1.2 patch because it tells me the cd cannot be found or nocd in drive. I don't know if it's a problem with my CD itself or if it's a problem in general with Rome Total War: Gold Edition but i'll try it out again and let you all know. In the meantime will anyone with experience in this problem please contribute some advice? Thank you!

EDIT:

Ok i've realised that Gold Edition starts with patch 1.5 already -.-" so installing the 1.2 patch was redundant and just screwed up my entire programme. But so i tried to install RTR platinum which they said would work. But STILL THE SAME PROBLEM! No CD In DRIVE! WARGHHHHHH!!!! Yes you can tell i am pissed. HELP PLEASE!

[This message has been edited by lincolntw (edited 05-25-2006 @ 10:01 AM).]

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 25 May 2006 15:18 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
is RTR worth it when you have RTW?

As-Salaam-Alaikum
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames