You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » trouble with getting all factions
Bottom
Topic Subject:trouble with getting all factions
mercury9
Legionary
posted 26 May 2006 19:57 EDT (US)         
ok i do like people tell me and i go into program files and get to descr_strat and what not and i drag the non-playable factions into the playable section and i delete the ones but when i enter the game, when i click on one of the new factions i unlocked, the game turns off. now i've tried putting them in unlockablable so their with the other non roman factions but that doesn't work and i tried leaving them in nonplayable and put them in playable and all sorts of combonations but i can never play them. i can't get the patch for the time being because i don't have the internet on the cpu the game is on. any suggestions would really help alot

"The best defense is a good offense" -I Forget
" in battle, if you know you cannot beat your enemy, give him mean looks and act like you're about to do something heroic. it might scare him into doing something stupid. If not, act like you died"
- Me
AuthorReplies:
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 26 May 2006 21:10 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Which version of the game do you have? You can only do the descr_strat trick if you have 1.2 or lower. With 1.3 and higher you need to have descriptions for all the factions. Best way is to download a mod.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
mercury9
Legionary
posted 26 May 2006 22:22 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
i have vanilla and i can't downloadf anything because the cpu it's on doesn't have the internet

" in battle, if you know you cannot beat your enemy, give him mean looks and act like you're about to do something heroic. it might scare him into doing something stupid. If not, act like you died"
- Me
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 26 May 2006 22:57 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Well, you can still have all factions. Make sure you didn't put any extra spaces when changing the file around. And always make sure you back up whatever file you're modding.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
mercury9
Legionary
posted 27 May 2006 11:51 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
well i forgot to backup the file but i guess i could reinstall it if it was necessary. but anyway, i'm going to try to write a description for all of the factions because the only factions that work are those with descriptions but i don't know where all of the descriptions for the factions are (like egypt and parthia) i can only find the descriptions for the three playable roman factions.

- Me
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames