You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Dacia has decent general?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dacia has decent general?
EmperorsLegion
Legionary
posted 09 July 2006 13:10 EDT (US)         
Check out this general! He has 10 stars! I would never have guessed the Dacians could churn out a general like this! Has anyone ever seen a enemy general with stats like these before?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i241/TheMan91_2006/Daciangeneral.jpg

I came, I saw, I conquered
-Gaius Julius Caesar

"I am 35 years old, I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van down by the river!"
-Matt Foley, motivational speaker

War is hell
-William T. Sherman
AuthorReplies:
CK the Fat
Legionary
posted 09 July 2006 13:36 EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Well, it's possible. War is always brought to the Dacians whether they like it or not, by Julii, Greeks, Scythia, Germany...

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
The Sav
Legionary
posted 10 July 2006 21:18 EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Do you have any mods?

He has the 'Genius' trait, which you cannot 'earn' during the game. He is 57, and it is 243, so he was alive at the very start of the game.

That means he started with the Genius trait, and afaik, no Dacian general has that to start....

I am also suprised to see him as "energetic' - once again, dont think any start with that.

so, if you modded, say, barracks to give good traits or something??? otherwise, i dunno, is very strange.

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 10 July 2006 21:30 EDT (US)     3 / 12       
i played as dacia and my general scyles almost got 10/10/10 for everything as well. I think the game has him set up to be a stud.

As-Salaam-Alaikum
EmperorsLegion
Legionary
posted 11 July 2006 09:26 EDT (US)     4 / 12       
The only mods I have are ones that let you play as the unplayable factions. Thats the only one I have.

-Gaius Julius Caesar

"I am 35 years old, I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van down by the river!"

War is hell
-William T. Sherman
amateur_idiot v2
Legionary
posted 12 July 2006 06:40 EDT (US)     5 / 12       
@The Sav
Unfortunately predicting the occurence of traits is not that simple. They are not set at that start of every game. Often if you start one game, have a really good general and do the game over he will have completely different traits. Once as the Scythians I had a character born 1 or 2 years in who was a "Military Genius". Playing Scythia again numerous times, getting the same guy born at the same time but never with the same trait.

_.,-=~+"^'`amateur_idiot ... lol`'^"+~=-,._
You cant beat an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience
You see, my fellow designers, the laser satellites were unnecess ary! Their minds are ours now, oh yessssss.... -CaptainFishpants
Russia has freedom of speech, its just the freedom after the speech you worry about- Anon
Eagles might soar through the sky, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines
I reject reality and subsitute my own
The Sav
Legionary
posted 12 July 2006 16:14 EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Amateur_idiot: i think you misunderstand me.

you are right, Generals BORN can have all sort of traits, but ones you start with (i.e those over 16) have set traits. Check out the character traits file if you like.

This Dacian General was aged 57. the game year was 243BC. As the game starts in 270 BC, the general would have been 30 years old at the start of the game; therefore, he did not come of age a few turns into the game.

you were lucky to get the military genius trait tho!

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 12 July 2006 16:40 EDT (US)     7 / 12       
you sure have a lot of money on this campaign!

As-Salaam-Alaikum
EmperorsLegion
Legionary
posted 12 July 2006 21:12 EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Well, I was the Brutii and I had all of the Balkans. That produces a lot of income through sea trade. Plus, I had trade rights with almost everybody.. And I haven't been recruiting or building anything new that much.

-Gaius Julius Caesar

War is hell
-William T. Sherman
Lyssimachos
Legionary
posted 13 July 2006 04:40 EDT (US)     9 / 12       
yes this is possible i have seen him a lot of times that i began the campaign.
The Sav
Legionary
posted 13 July 2006 16:13 EDT (US)     10 / 12       
really? ok, well, i must be wrong. It is a shame only some tinpot sythian general is that good - would be cool if you faced powerful generals like that more often.
jdcraun
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 02:29 EDT (US)     11 / 12       
I face 6+ star generals all the time in Mundus Magnus.
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 18 July 2006 13:28 EDT (US)     12 / 12       
I found my general that you saw on your campaign...he's built FORD tuff LOL

http://www.ccsantos.com/rtw/rome/scyles.JPG

As-Salaam-Alaikum
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames