Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » triarii
Bottom
Topic Subject:triarii
Relsis Fejj
Legionary
posted 13 July 2006 20:54 EDT (US)         
yea i got them to form a phalanx... but now how do i get them to like get out another weapon when the enemy gets close, b/c when they get close now they just take there 20ft spear and like punch ppl and it doesnt do anything. help plz?
AuthorReplies:
lxpeng
Legionary
posted 13 July 2006 20:58 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Sorry, but that will require more than just modding text files... you'll need to mod the unit model itself.
CK the Fat
Legionary
posted 13 July 2006 21:24 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Trari do not form phalanx. At best they will hold out their spear when in guard or cover mode, but they are not like the Greek spearmen. They merely act as the pre-marius heavy Roman infantry.

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
Relsis Fejj
Legionary
posted 13 July 2006 21:29 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
yea, but i gave them phalanx formation anyways. but uhh is there a way to have them do damage when ppl flank/ get real close then

btw ck dude... i made them have phalanx by making the file export_descr_unit look like this under triarii

formation 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, square, phalanx

mabey i need to do more than that is what i did wrong... and as for the sword model thing... could i instead just make them pull out there normal short spear like they have without phalanx

i actually just took another look at it and i think i have a good idea wut i did wrong... but help would be appreciated

[This message has been edited by relsis fejj (edited 07-13-2006 @ 09:34 PM).]

jdcraun
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 02:16 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Trairi phalanx... LMAO! While your at it try giving Desert infantry phalanx, that way Numdia might have a fighting chance... LOL!
Soccerguy828
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 14:10 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
lmao! triarii with the phalanx? a bit inaccurate but nice idea. now you can actually hold off against those Hellenistic phalanx with your own! and desert spearmen with phalanx? ridiculous but a funny thing to do...
im gonna try them both out!!
CK the Fat
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 14:41 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I don't think that trarii carry pilum.

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
Relsis Fejj
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 22:39 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
*shrug* i thought triarii with a phalanx might be kew
Thanatos
Legionary
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 17 July 2006 03:24 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Actually there is some historical evidence to show that the Triarii fought as a phalanx.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
inkdrinker
Legionary
posted 17 July 2006 04:07 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Wouldn't it make sense that they did when they adopted the polybian army to replace the phalanx? If you're schooled in hoplite combat and you employ spearmen, it seems that you'd probalby use a phalanx or a close-order form very similar to it.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames