You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » A very strange temple.
Bottom
Topic Subject:A very strange temple.
Putrid_Corpse
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 15:47 EDT (US)         
Maybe it's because I never played with Gaul but aren't temples only supposed to give three exp? On my Gaul campaign, I can upgrade the Epona shrine to "Master of Horse Awesome Temple" and "Master of Horse Pantheon" but these temples are Roman legionary barracks and when I click on them to look at stats, it says, "WARNING! This text should never appear on screen!" And what is crazy is they give +4 and +5 exp so my dudes are like super skilled or whatever. Anyone ever seen this?
AuthorReplies:
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 14 July 2006 17:02 EDT (US)     1 / 8       
yes, on the 'what the heck is this' thread
It's a modding thing, I beleive. Have you downloaded a mod? Or fiddled with the files?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
General Emu
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 22:23 EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Yes it happens when you sometimes have a mod file in place. However you can not build these "Roman barracks temples" because the barbarians that can build these temples can't upgrade past the high kings hall. So no upgraded town center, no "Roman barracks temple"
Ecthelion
Legionary
(id: p90pro)
posted 15 July 2006 01:21 EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Yes, you have to capture a large or huge city to get those temples.

Sir, I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Swallow my pride? No thank you, Im too full of myself.
I bring you nothing but love and a shopping bag full of sexual depravity.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Tied with Meteora (****er) for Best Sig Award.
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 03:50 EDT (US)     4 / 8       
This topic may technically count as a double-post...but here goes, anyway.

In your other thread, I thought you'd modded the game. Now, I can see that isn't the case. So, it's down to the designers who caused this issue. Not really an issue, actually. Just that they didn't add in building cards or a description for this religious building beyond the level 3 tier of buildings. But they added the building into expor_descr_buildings.txt.

EDIT: And if I have been mistaken, and you did mod it...well, you get the idea now...I've given the same reply in both threads. There really is no need to post two topics about the same thing like this, though. Perhaps if the other topic got ooold, but then you could just try to bump it up, even...

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!

[This message has been edited by Kaidonni (edited 07-15-2006 @ 03:52 AM).]

Conquerer
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 07:28 EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Thing is, I haven't fiddled with anything (Pc dropout remember) and it still came up! Well I did chose play all factions but that was it!

A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier just dies the once.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
romanwarmachine
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 12:28 EDT (US)     6 / 8       
It is actually a bug in the V1.5 patch which CA have posted a fix for on the totalwar site. Every one has it if you have this version never bother me never played the gauls.
jameroquai
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 19:11 EDT (US)     7 / 8       
does the temple actually work or does it corrupt your saved file when you try to build it?
The Sav
Legionary
posted 16 July 2006 16:15 EDT (US)     8 / 8       
THe Epona temple is rather special.
Normally Gauls can only buils ANYTHING up to level 3 (minor city level) however, if a roman faction takes a Gaul city with a sacred circle of Epona, they (the romans) can upgrade it all the way to pantheon - and yes, it gives +5 exp, which obviously kicks ass.

if the gaul city does not have the level 3 temple when the romans capture it, they cannot build further, so wait till it is a sacred circle before attacking.

I think a message pops up saying how the romans have adopted a new god or sometihng.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames