You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Ceasefire being declared without my say so!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ceasefire being declared without my say so!
Melea Lord
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 07:35 EDT (US)         
Okey, I have modded the game with a "Play All Factions" Mod. I am britania and am allies with germania. I attack gaul. I take one of their cities. The very next turn, no gaul diplomat has spoken too me and it says on diplomatic information:

Ceasefire Declared:

Gaul - Britania

Alliance Declared:

Gaul - Germaina

I attacked another Gaulish settlement and the next turn:

War Declared:

Britania - Gaul

Alliance Split:

Britania - Germania

Why is this happening!? I have had it when being the Scythians facing the Thracians too! The Germans may attack any moment!

AuthorReplies:
Lith
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 08:18 EDT (US)     1 / 12       
As far as I know, it's because Germania and Gaul allied, so you automatically declare a ceasefire with Gaul. It stops two warring factions having the same ally, which could be quite silly.

The Germanians breaking their alliance is because you were seen as the aggressors to one of their allies I think. If Gaul attacked you then it wouldn't happen.

Melea Lord
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 09:30 EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Your telling me that when Gaul and Germaina allied withm me still at war with gaul forced me to declare ceasefire. That sucks! It should force either Gaul or Germania to not declare allegaince with each other till a cease fire is declared between me and gaul or the allaince is split between me and Germainia. Am I on the right track?

And one more question, why is in a lot of screen shots, units have massive amounts of soldiers in them than I can recuit in a unit. I can only recuit 60 pheasants in a unit and I have been seen numbors above 100 in some pics. Same with loads of other units.

[This message has been edited by Melea Lord (edited 07-15-2006 @ 10:19 AM).]

jameroquai
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 09:58 EDT (US)     3 / 12       
about the unot size, you can change that in teh main menu option screen, but your already saved campaigns wont get affected, only new campaigns.
Melea Lord
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 10:18 EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Oh the "Unit Scale". That's what it is. K thx.
Spurius Dufus
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 16:02 EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Does having large units slow the game down? And do these units cost more to recruit or is it just a simplt sprite:man adjustment?
CK the Fat
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 16:05 EDT (US)     6 / 12       
No, they cost the same. For the most part they work just like the smaller versions but with more men, though some small factors do change gameplay like towers and town population.

And yes, more units will most likely slow down your computer. It depends on how strong of a card you have, though... I went from large to huge and the game runs about the same, or if there is a difference it is unnoticable.

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
inkdrinker
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 17:15 EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Keep in mind that this diplomatic custom can be a great way to get an army to stop attacking you and to prevent them from attacking further without suffering consequences. If you want to get an army off your back, ally with one of their allies (even if you have to pay for it.) They'll stop attacking you and unlike buying a ceasefire from the aggressor directly, if they resume attacking, they can lose their allies and even get war declared on them by other nations.
Colvin
Legionary
posted 16 July 2006 04:06 EDT (US)     8 / 12       
The diplomacy could definately be better but usually when the allies of a cpu faction go to war the cpu will automatically side with the faction who has the strongest military according to the graph.
DarthDucky1993
Legionary
posted 16 July 2006 12:14 EDT (US)     9 / 12       
I was Brutii and I attacked Macedon, and the Julii became nuetral to me.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )________
[[[[|||||||*-^]/////////////////////////////////////////)
If you are a Christian and not ashamed of it put this in your signature.
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 16 July 2006 13:07 EDT (US)     10 / 12       
When I was playing as Numidia the roman factions were constantly breaking their alliances with each other and making them up almost every turn. I believe it took place after the gaius marius reform. 233bc or something, don't quote me

As-Salaam-Alaikum
jump_offa_house
Legionary
posted 17 July 2006 06:22 EDT (US)     11 / 12       
Yeah I've had a problem like that. Britannia and Germania create a ceasefire, and then an alliance, then they break it, then a ceasefire, then an alliance, every turn!!! It gets a bit annoying!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war"-Plato
amateur_idiot v2
Legionary
posted 17 July 2006 07:16 EDT (US)     12 / 12       
There is a glitch in v1.5 which causes the Romans to sometimes cancel their alliances before the Civil War should have started.

_.,-=~+"^'`amateur_idiot ... lol`'^"+~=-,._
You cant beat an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level and beat you with experience
You see, my fellow designers, the laser satellites were unnecess ary! Their minds are ours now, oh yessssss.... -CaptainFishpants
Russia has freedom of speech, its just the freedom after the speech you worry about- Anon
Eagles might soar through the sky, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines
I reject reality and subsitute my own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames