You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Gee commander, we've been lied to... again
Bottom
Topic Subject:Gee commander, we've been lied to... again
Elven Sniper
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 00:24 EDT (US)         
So on the popular demand of one Misplaced General (hope this is the section), I am reposting these screenshots so as to make all forumers lose their faith in humanity...

Btw, pardon the cheesy name...

The Chef's surprise:

If you see closely, the franks have a ballista tower inside the city. Lots of my troops were killed later on because I couldn't take over the arrow towers on the left hand side and whenever I tried, my troops got slaughtered by that damn thing firing its ballistae.
Though it could have been lot worse, the tower could've been facing my troops head on... Christmas come early for the Franks wasn't it?

Superman too cough*gay*cough
who's the man now, punk

As you can see all my other troops are missile troops and the general has to do the main job himself. No, I am not crazy...

The best defense is offense.. but not if one has an IQ of 40:

As you can see, my enthusiatic defenders had one drink too many last night. One thing led to another and I had the whole lot hungover like... something. Come morning, they have decided to preserve their bar room boasts and go down the walls to engage the Armoured Hoplites... not too much to ask from a militia hoplite, is it?

I won outnumbered 5-1 [second screeching voice] I won outnumbered 10-1... [My screeching voice] I won:

Yeah, Yeah I brag too much. Btw did I tell you that once I caught a fish 20 feet long... barehanded

Post all the monstrosities of the game in this thread. It was originally in the BI forum but due to popular demand its here. Old thread
Btw A different city had a really powerful general like mine... If he can post it here it'll be appreciated.
And to all the angry mods out there, if you want to delete multiple threads please delete the previous one. Though if possible, copy the comments here...

Proud Recepient of the BFME2 Heaven Best Location Award.
AuthorReplies:
A different city
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 00:51 EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Sure thing;

He conquered Italy with only half a stack. Now His son, Bisaltes the cold hearted, carries on his leqacy with 9 command, 2 management, and 6 influence.

And also

Some people may remember this from a long gone topic of mine, look closely at his traits. Specifically the one that the pointer is on.

"I must not only punish, but punish with impunity. A wrong is unredressed when retribution overtakes its redresser. It is equally unredressed when the avenger fails to make himself felt as such to him who has done the wrong. "-Edgar Allan Poe

Tsar Wars

My Russia HSR

[This message has been edited by A different city (edited 07-18-2006 @ 01:21 AM).]

Elven Sniper
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 01:03 EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Weird really weird.

[ominous voice-over]
The Romans, they are amongst us, they walk, undetected.
[end ominous voice-over]

Plus, you have 3 million denari in your campaign, let me suggest some stock options and mutual funds...

[This message has been edited by Elven Sniper (edited 07-18-2006 @ 01:04 AM).]

Thanatos
Legionary
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 18 July 2006 01:25 EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Submit this to GoS guys, this deserves to go in the toons section so everyone can see it.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42
Elven Sniper
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 02:57 EDT (US)     4 / 12       

Quote:

Submit this to GoS guys, this deserves to go in the toons section so everyone can see it.

Who's the GoS? sorryy I really don't know...eep

A different city
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 03:02 EDT (US)     5 / 12       
I think he means "Glory of Sparta".
I think he runs the funny screenshot page or something.

"I must not only punish, but punish with impunity. A wrong is unredressed when retribution overtakes its redresser. It is equally unredressed when the avenger fails to make himself felt as such to him who has done the wrong. "-Edgar Allan Poe

Tsar Wars

My Russia HSR
Thanatos
Legionary
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 18 July 2006 03:04 EDT (US)     6 / 12       
LOL, I meant Glory of Sparta, the Seraph.
E-mail these screenshots to her.

So she can put them herealong with the others.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42

[This message has been edited by THANATOS (edited 07-18-2006 @ 03:11 AM).]

jameroquai
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 10:22 EDT (US)     7 / 12       
i had the smae thing with the militia hoplites going down the ladder to engage. there was also this one time where my archers and the tower(i was defending a stone wall) destroyed the enemy romans ram, all the units attacking then stopped, i sat there waiting...waiting, 5 mins later i left my archers to kill the units holding the ladder that they didn't seem to be using...they ran out of ammo abouyt another 5 mins later. i got thirsty so i put it on triple speed, i waited a miniute just incase, they still didnt move, so i went i came backand my whole wall was friggin taken over, all i had left was half of my hoplites, my general and archers, from 3 milita and another of hoplites. i dont understand how one unit and less than a hlaf of another of hastati could destroy them all. sorry i dont havea screeny, ive taken a few but in the folder there is no pic.

oh and i thought it was pretty funny having a general that had the 'flaccid' trait.

MisplacedPope
Legionary
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 18 July 2006 12:48 EDT (US)     8 / 12       
Has any body had the tower inside the city happen to them?

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 18 July 2006 13:01 EDT (US)     9 / 12       
I've had pallisades (wooden walls) fall over without being struck by the battering rams

http://www.ccsantos.com/rtw/rome/The_Siege_of_Croton/falling_walls.JPG

http://www.ccsantos.com/rtw/rome/The_Siege_of_Croton/falling_walls2.JPG

Or just take a look here at the whole battle.
http://www.ccsantos.com/rtw/rome/The_Siege_of_Croton/

As-Salaam-Alaikum
CK the Fat
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 13:14 EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Maybe it was Jerecho's distant son.

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach
Elven Sniper
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 13:39 EDT (US)     11 / 12       

Quote:

I've had pallisades (wooden walls) fall over without being struck by the battering rams

Ah my friend, you need to make the bidding process for the city's contruction more transparent. See what happens when you give your girlfriend's cousin-twice removed- a no bid contract...

Btw imagine what defenders must be going through:
Commander: Soldiers, defend the walls.
Soldiers: Aye general... but ummm sir, we have no walls...

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 18 July 2006 15:00 EDT (US)     12 / 12       
Ha ha...

In my case I tried to just have them run into my hoplites at the archway...but only their minimal forces went that way and the rest slaughtered me.

As-Salaam-Alaikum
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames