Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Defier of the Gods,
Bottom
Topic Subject:Defier of the Gods,
MisplacedPope
Legionary
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 18 July 2006 14:32 EDT (US)         
I think that the name above should be made a trait, for those generals who before battles recieve bad omens, but still win, that would add some new flavour.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
AuthorReplies:
inkdrinker
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 14:36 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
What's the "bad omen" speech refer to in-game anyway? Most of the others correspond to a factor on the battlefield or in the campaign but I've seen bad omens even when I've got a full army squashing one pathetic rebel unit.
CK the Fat
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 15:21 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
It's just a religious thing, added to the game because the Romans did look for them before battles.

Notice how there's an Eagle in every battle and every animation.

"Republicans who did not play the patronage game were ridiculed as the Mugwumps for sitting on the fence--their "mugs" on one side of the fence and "wumps" on the other. Historians generally consider this era a low point in American politics."--United States History by John J. Newman and John M. Schmalbach

[This message has been edited by CK the Fat (edited 07-18-2006 @ 03:21 PM).]

inkdrinker
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 15:34 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Yeah, but most of the parts of a pre-battle speech correspond to something. The "what we do today we do in service of the gods" speech comes about from the "Devout" stat. The "we are men! and are not ruled by the flight of some damned bird!" comes from the "Rational Beliefs" stat.

Surely there's something about battle conditions, a randomization of one thing or another, etc etc, that accounts for it.

VaderMan108
Legionary
posted 18 July 2006 22:06 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I was laughing at the "damned bird" remark. I've never heard it...But will keep my ears open.

)(=-=-=-=-={|//////////////////////////////////////////)
Looking to join a designing group. Enough said.
inkdrinker
Legionary
posted 19 July 2006 04:31 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
The only one that gets on my nerves is "Bloody" because it makes every single speech endin the same "I want to see blood. I want to bathe in their blood" bit. Gets old.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames