You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Why can't you save games mid-battle...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why can't you save games mid-battle...
Spurius Dufus
Legionary
posted 16 October 2006 08:00 EDT (US)         
It's such a PITA.

You're about to hit the hay so you hit end turn...and you have to fight about 6 battles.

I so wish you could save mid-game and go back to them. Wonder why this is so hard?

AuthorReplies:
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 16 October 2006 09:14 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
You can. At least in 1.5/1.6. Not sure about earlier versions. Just press escape while the battle deployment dialogue is up, and you can save. When you load, it'll load up this dialogue where you left off. Quicksave may do the job too, but I never used quicksave.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 16 October 2006 10:42 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
You can in previus versions, too.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Spurius Dufus
Legionary
posted 18 October 2006 09:06 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
You can't do that out of the box but I must check in the current upgrade. Last time I looked it wasn't possible, would be ace if it were. Thanks guys.

** Edit: I tried this last night. I definitely have the latest patch but I can't save games mid-battle - there's just no 'save' option when you hit esc. Is there another way?

[This message has been edited by Spurius Dufus (edited 10-19-2006 @ 09:36 AM).]

MisplacedPope
Legionary
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 21 October 2006 19:25 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Mid campaign turn, you can save, on the battle screen, you cannot.

So when you see the message 'your army is being attacked' and it is still ont he campaign map, you can press escape and save.

The second you go to fight battle, though, you cannot.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
Severous
Legionary
posted 22 October 2006 04:06 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I played for months without knowing this.

A summary of the above:

- Cannot save mid battle. Even if the same battle has several reinforcing stacks you have to fight to completion.

- Once the battle is complete and the game returns to the campaign map the AI may bring up a new stack and a new battle screen will come up. Its at this point that you press escape and you have the option to save. If you take that option, save, then quit, you will be ok to hit the sack. Your save will load up at the point where the battle screen showing odds is displayed. This is most useful when the Roman civil war has kicked off and all hell is breaking loose.

Spurius Dufus
Legionary
posted 22 October 2006 19:34 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Aha......now I get it. Thanks.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames