Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Senate threat
Bottom
Topic Subject:Senate threat
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 19 October 2006 04:50 EDT (US)         
Hi,

I'm new here. I'm in the middle of a campaign as the Julii. I just received a mission from the Senate, and a threat. It was 'if you fail, the quaesator will investigate your faction for financial irregularities'. Is there anything to the threat? If so, what?

AuthorReplies:
Spurius Dufus
Legionary
posted 19 October 2006 05:21 EDT (US)     1 / 15       
The threats just ratchet up until eventually the Senate orders your faction leader to commit suicide.
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 19 October 2006 05:21 EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Hi Ar_kai, Welcome to the Rome: Total War Heaven Forums!

I used to get that threat a lot in Rome: Total War or RTW. I thinks it's just a bluff since nothing bad ever happened to me when I ignored it lol. Also if one of your family members is the Quaestor you really don't have to worry about it as the guy won't rat out his own faction .

Hope to see around here more often.
-Dominicus

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 19 October 2006 05:32 EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Thanks, DominicusUltimus. I thought it might be that, just wasn't sure. Are most senate threats empty?
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 19 October 2006 05:38 EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Not all of them are empty. WAAAAAY back, in 2004/2005, when I had RTW 1.0...it turned out that at least one investigation resulted in a family member committing suicide. And not the faction leader either. So be careful. It might be that soon, as you continue conquering, you'll hopefully get the Chance For Power message, telling you that you are popular enough with the Plebians to march on Rome.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 19 October 2006 05:46 EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Yeah, I already got chance for power. I am just adding a few more soldiers/armies around Italy and Sicily, ready for a quick takeover of everything when the civil war starts.
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 19 October 2006 18:40 EDT (US)     6 / 15       
I think what it really means is that your favour with the people will fall, as a result of the act of a quaestor actually investigating a leading Roman family for fraud.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
zhangxy
Legionary
posted 19 October 2006 20:44 EDT (US)     7 / 15       
This has nothing to do with what you said but once I was playing as the Julii and I made an alliance with the Gauls... The Senate later outlawed me and attacked Arretium. Pretty Funny
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 04:25 EDT (US)     8 / 15       
It doesn't matter now. I declared war on my fellow Romans before the quaestor could investigate me. Destroyed the senate and the Brutii, and need four more cities to win. Piece of cake.
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 20 October 2006 04:28 EDT (US)     9 / 15       
Nice. Tells us (or at least me) how it goes from there .

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 21 October 2006 01:20 EDT (US)     10 / 15       
Just finished the campaign. Conquered Capua, Scallbis, Trier and Batavodurum to win.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 21 October 2006 03:24 EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Congrats!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 21 October 2006 11:27 EDT (US)     12 / 15       
I have never gotten a message from the senate that demands that your leader commits suicide but i have gotten some were if i dont do what i say, they will actually take money from me...
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 21 October 2006 20:46 EDT (US)     13 / 15       
HAHA. I always got this threat when one of my general's was quaestar :P. I thought that was funny. Kind of like "The Departed" scheme going on

"He'll have to investigate himself!"

As-Salaam-Alaikum
GMRage
Legionary
posted 23 October 2006 01:21 EDT (US)     14 / 15       

Quote:

'if you fail, the quaesator will investigate your faction for financial irregularities'

When I got that message in my first (Brutii) campaign & ignored it, my treasury went from +$60,000 to -$15,000 in the next turn. I hadn't built any extra units, or lost any territory. EVERY incoming & out-going expense remained the same as it was before, but my bank account suddenly meant I had lost a LOT of $$. (probably those jealous, thieving pigs in the senate, just after more $ to line their own pockets)

I couldn't build anything, or retrain units. I remember being rather scared (given I was at war with Egypt at the time) & rather jacked off with the senate. I was rather pleased some turns later when I was outlawed & was free to go get some revenge on those rats.

Hmm. I reckon that as soon as you get that message, gather your forces & go kick down the senate's doors.

GM

Stupid questions & their appropriate responses from an Australian tourism web site:

Q: Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)
A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

bandicoot
Legionary
posted 24 October 2006 08:05 EDT (US)     15 / 15       
I have also been threatened by the Senate with an investigation into financial irregularities and since the mission was basically a set up (I had to send an assassin from Patavium to kill the Scythian faction leader in Campus Sarmate, I think) I never even bothered to give it a try and wound up failing.

Maybe sometimes the Senate does bluff on its threats but I also had my treasury ransacked and went from about 40,000 D to less than 10,000.

If that alone doesn't make you want to mash the Senate then I don't know what will.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames