You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Rome total war website is confusing
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rome total war website is confusing
smalleagle
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 08:39 EDT (US)         
I have been trying to download the 1.2 patch because I want to add the rome total realism mod
All info says go to the rome total war website to get it
You'll be lucky !!!! all I get is a black screen, finally after 2 hours of trying different ways I get a popup telling me I need to download an adobe add on ( to view the site)which I connect to click the download and get nothing.

[This message has been edited by yakcamkir (edited 10-20-2006 @ 12:37 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 10:11 EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Forget 1.2. There is RTR: Platinum now, a port to RTW 1.5.

All you need is to download 1.3, install it, and then 1.5 and install. If you have BI, it's different (BI auto-patches RTW to 1.3, BI is 1.4 - the patch 1.6 is for BI and it auto-patches RTW 1.3 to 1.5). You don't need any other patches prior to this. BUT YOU MUST HAVE 1.3 BEFORE YOU GET 1.5.

And DO NOT down-patch either. I'd recommend a fresh install if you wanted BI and already had RTW patched to 1.3 or 1.5. The following link is handy as concerns uninstalling/reinstalling:
http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,2921,,all

Here is a link to the RTR: Platinum forums:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=197

Also, try clicking on Tools in your web browser. There should be a Downloads option where your downloads are stored.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!

[This message has been edited by Kaidonni (edited 10-20-2006 @ 10:13 AM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 October 2006 11:11 EDT (US)     2 / 7       
But the total war website is very difficult to navigate around. I had terrible trouble trying to find unit profiles and stuff.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

smalleagle
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 11:37 EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Thanks for your replies to my rant
Anyway a question If I install barbarian invasion will I be able to install the Rome total realism mod (or something very similar)
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 October 2006 12:37 EDT (US)     4 / 7       
Patch 1.2 from RTWH.

Quote:

Anyway a question If I install barbarian invasion will I be able to install the Rome total realism mod (or something very similar)

Yes, as long as it is compatible.

Also, please try to refrain from non-constuctive criticism of the developers. We want to build links with them, so some of your language isn't helpful although the general argument of your post is perfectly valid.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
smalleagle
Legionary
posted 22 October 2006 13:44 EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Thanks for the link to the 1.2 patch it's very helpful
In reply to the second part of your post, I agree that maybe some of my language was a little strong, but it was how I felt at the time and I am sure I am not the only one.
Whilst I can understand companies wanting flashy all singing all dancing web sites it kind of defeats the object if some potential customers can't access it and get angry and frustrated in the process.
What the solution is I am not sure, downgrading the quality of their web site would reflect badly on them, so maybe some kind of limited access so those without the appropriate kit could view some of it mabye an answer (assuming of course that it is technologically possible)
Finally I should point out that I bought this computer new 2 years ago and I live in London
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 22 October 2006 14:14 EDT (US)     6 / 7       

Quote:

Whilst I can understand companies wanting flashy all singing all dancing web sites it kind of defeats the object if some potential customers can't access it and get angry and frustrated in the process.

I completely agree and you have a perfectly valid point. Here probably isn't the best place to make it (the official forums or a feedback Email if they is one would be better). The only problem I had with your post was the insult.

Quote:

What the solution is I am not sure, downgrading the quality of their web site would reflect badly on them, so maybe some kind of limited access so those without the appropriate kit could view some of it mabye an answer (assuming of course that it is technologically possible)
Finally I should point out that I bought this computer new 2 years ago and I live in London

It is probably Flash (or possibly Shockwave). It is easiest to get them from the official website (google it).

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 23 October 2006 13:33 EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Title changed at Author's request.

[This message has been edited by yakcamkir (edited 10-23-2006 @ 01:34 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames