You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Don't let the enemy see you...or see them?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Don't let the enemy see you...or see them?
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 23 October 2006 20:05 EDT (US)         
1)
When do I know that the enemy can see my spies?
2)
I sometimes find random assassins near my cities when I run a spy "accidentally" in the enemy assassin's path. I assume towers can pick them up? In my case the tower didn't see the assassin.
3)
Can assassins find assassins or does a spy lift his whereabouts?

4)
Why is an assassin so easy to kill with another assassin? Anyone noticed that?

5) I often watch during turns enemy spies enter my settlements. Order is decreased and so is income. Is the spy taking that income for himself or his faction? How does that work you suppose? (same situation, my spy enters enemy faction)
6) Can diplomats attribute any claim to discovering an assassin or spy if he is in the settlement by himself?

As-Salaam-Alaikum

[This message has been edited by CCSANTOS (edited 10-23-2006 @ 08:08 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 23 October 2006 20:38 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Firstly, there is little need in making a new thread for every question. It is possible to ask mor ehtan one thing per thread and makes it easier on the servers.

Quote:

When do I know that the enemy can see my spies?

When you can see their spies, when they are next to a city with spies in it or when your spy has just been forced to move.

Quote:

I sometimes find random assassins near my cities when I run a spy "accidentally" in the enemy assassin's path. I assume towers can pick them up? In my case the tower didn't see the assassin.

I think towers can pick them up. I would expect that you just didn't notice them.

Quote:

Can assassins find assassins or does a spy lift his whereabouts?

I think that only Spies have stealth. I could be wrong though.

Quote:

Why is an assassin so easy to kill with another assassin? Anyone noticed that?

No idea. If you want to fix it, then make a hidden trait giving all Assassins extra personal security. A similar hidden trait removing Personal Security from Spies and Diplomats works too in my opinion.

Quote:

I often watch during turns enemy spies enter my settlements. Order is decreased and so is income. Is the spy taking that income for himself or his faction? How does that work you suppose? (same situation, my spy enters enemy faction)

Spies increase corruption loss. They also channel some of that money back to their own faction.

Quote:

Can diplomats attribute any claim to discovering an assassin or spy if he is in the settlement by himself?

I don't think so. I think it is random.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 23 October 2006 23:13 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
On you answering me about gaining income from having a spy in enemy towns. Would that be a good way to campaign then as well, to add a little sugar to the topping you think?

As-Salaam-Alaikum
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 24 October 2006 03:46 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
It is only minor income, unwise to depend on it. You are looking at something like a couple of hundred per spy maximum (so a profit of up to 100 per spy). That's not enough to live on, but it's a little extra cash that is rather useful.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 24 October 2006 15:01 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Cool, didn't know that. I checked the manual when I bought this game...where's all that information that would have been useful when I started this game 2-3 years ago LOL. You know? Ha ha )

As-Salaam-Alaikum
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames