You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Do we get attacked?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Do we get attacked?
DaNoZ
Legionary
posted 25 October 2006 08:21 EDT (US)         
Hey guys, just letting you know this is my first post so hey all.

Anyway, this may of been asked before, however my mind is nagging at me to find this out, and I've looked everywhere but there dosen't seem ot be a answer ot my question. We all know that we can beseige a city. Can your computerized enemies beseige yours??

Thanks guys.
Danoz

PS: I'm getting the game tommorow lol.

AuthorReplies:
Bobbyh the kille
Legionary
posted 25 October 2006 10:15 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
yes they can just as you can to them hope you have fun when you get RTW
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 25 October 2006 16:11 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Hi DaNoZ! Welcome to the Rome: Total War Heaven Forums!

To answer your question, yes the ai can besiege your cities just like you can theirs. However I suggest that after you get the game you update it to patch 1.5 as in RTW(Rome: Total War) 1,0 or Vanilla they won't build siege equipment that often and will instead try to starve you out which is boring and really annoying.

Good luck on the game and welcome to the Rome: Total War Heaven family .
-DominicusUltimus

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
DaNoZ
Legionary
posted 25 October 2006 16:12 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Ok thanks for that, and how exsactly does it happen? Like do you get a warning an hour before they deploy to bulk up your defences? And are the enemy seige armies big?
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 25 October 2006 16:31 EDT (US)     4 / 5       

Quote:

Ok thanks for that, and how exsactly does it happen? Like do you get a warning an hour before they deploy to bulk up your defences? And are the enemy seige armies big?

It happens just like you besiege theirs. They put you under siege, you are unable to build or train units in the settlement until the siege is broken, a few of your men die each turn and you have a certain number of turns before all of your men are dead and you lose the settlement.

Also, welcome to RTWH, DaNoZ.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 25 October 2006 16:34 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
They usually mass an army near your borders and launch a siege within 1 or 2 turns. The only way to get warnings is to either have watchtowers near your borders or to have some type of agent to watch them either an assassin, diplomat, or spy. Spies work best they reveal a HUGE area of the map around them.

As for the size of their armies it varies. I've had cites sieged by 2 full stack Gaul armies (roughly 7,000+ guys) to suicidal 480 men groups. Watch out for them as they usually happen either unexpectadely or when one of your allies betrays you.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames