Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Woman Problems
Bottom
Topic Subject:Woman Problems
bandicoot
Legionary
posted 25 October 2006 14:07 EDT (US)         
Is there anything that can be done to prevent your faction from just becoming a big, freaking harem of old Italian spinsters?

At the point where I had conquered my 101st and last city my faction consisted of about 30 Family-member generals and about three times that number of women most of them unmarried.

I'm guessing that the game only allows you to have so many generals active at one time and it is determined for the most part by the number of cities you hold.

It is frustrating to have daughters that many daughters that never marry especially as earlier on in the game they get snatched up by fairly decent generals the second they turn 12.

Is there any way of getting that tendency to change short of modding the game?

AuthorReplies:
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 25 October 2006 16:33 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
The availability of marriages, adoptees and MOTHs is determined by the ratio of generals to provinces.

I don't think it's moddable but I could be wrong about that.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Angrysteel
Legionary
posted 25 October 2006 17:23 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Hmmm I thought this post was going to be about your GF/wife saying you play rome too much.
Leo IV
Legionary
(id: leonadas_IV)
posted 25 October 2006 22:37 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
that would be in the baths though

LEO IV
Pugna Concusio ~ Fight the Oppression
Army Commander
bandicoot
Legionary
posted 26 October 2006 08:19 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Too funny cuz the post was going to go in that direction and then I figured it did belong in the Baths.

Then I took one look at the stuff people were posting in the Baths, shuddered, and turned tail and fled.

While we are talking woman problems and strategy ... what strategy works best to actually get playing time and not get the guilt thing?

CynicalMagician
Legionary
posted 26 October 2006 15:38 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
If your wife or gf isn't a bitch then she won't care if you spend time playing videogames. If she's harping on you for spending an hour or two fighting phalanxes then she's the one with the problem, not you.

The exceptions are if you're spending 8+ hours a day in rome or if your shirking your real life duties at work or school. In either of those cases, you should be happy you've got a woman that cares enough about you to hassle you, because nobody should be playing rome that much.

It's all about balance.

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 26 October 2006 16:05 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
My g/f vs. RTW...I will definately choose my g/f to win...she hates when I play it.

As-Salaam-Alaikum
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames