You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » HELP! I want patch 1.2!
Bottom
Topic Subject:HELP! I want patch 1.2!
Undead Teddy
Legionary
posted 27 October 2006 11:30 EDT (US)         
i dont know if this belongs here, otherwise move it to the right place, YAK!

I really want to have patch 1.2. Because i want to play EB (Europa Barborum) and i need patch 1.2. I downloded (sp?) the Zip-File. And i ask my lovely daddie: 'Daddie? could you explain me how i "unzip" files?' Then my daddie relies: 'Sure my BELOVED, VERRY NIC son.' And after that, i unzip the data folder over my Main-date-folder. I want to start the game, BUT IT FREEZES IN THE FIRST SCREEN I GET!
Ple4ze HeLp!1!!!11!!1!
sorry.

What do i need to do?

AuthorReplies:
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 27 October 2006 11:56 EDT (US)     1 / 3       

Quote:

Ple4ze HeLp!1!!!11!!1!

Tad unessecary
Now, from memory, let's see if I get it right. Search using windows for your RTW files, then copy teh location. Back onto your patch files screen, click extract and when it asks where to extract it to, paste the RTW file location. Then click on the files that come with it and copy and paste the amendments in the relevent files.

I think that's it- haven't installed a patch for ages.

Quote:

And after that, i unzip the data folder over my Main-date-folder

EDIT: WOW! You've mucked up. I think you may have to re-install

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 10-27-2006 @ 11:58 AM).]

Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 27 October 2006 19:03 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Yes. There's no need to place anything into the game folders. Reinstall the game and install patch 1.2.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 28 October 2006 07:47 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
There is no need to, but it should still work if you run the installer. If not, then try using Add and Remove Programs to get rid of the patch installer (I have a feeling that the 1.2 one appeared on the list on my computer once it was unzipped).

Anyway, if all else fails, follow Ian's advice.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames