You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.33 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » The New and Improved Battle Pic Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The New and Improved Battle Pic Thread
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
TotalWarFanatic
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 11:38 EDT (US)         
The Battle pic thread on steroids!

Here are some pics I've taken & edited with photoshop.

1.[JPEG, (465.89 KB)]

[JPEG, (521.33 KB)]

[JPEG, (316.88 KB)]

[JPEG, (257.35 KB)]

[JPEG, (450.57 KB)]

[JPEG, (706.61 KB)]

Which one do you like best?

Post your own too. They don't have to be editted or anything, any RTW screen-shots are good!

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
I've put most of my units/skins and ss of them on my new site!:
http://totalwarfantic.tripod.com/
Proud winner of most underrated forumer award!

[This message has been edited by TotalWarFanatic (edited 02-17-2007 @ 11:45 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Soccerguy828
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 11:57 EDT (US)     1 / 33       
oh how i missed RTW...and this thread and this whole forum

EDIT: ill be posting some pics later

[This message has been edited by Soccerguy828 (edited 02-17-2007 @ 12:01 PM).]

AugustusCurly
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 12:02 EDT (US)     2 / 33       
Hey, are those RTW or RTR? They don't look like the things I've seen in RTW (Romans with phalanxes? Those velites don't look right. Not much in the way of faction colors, I've heard that they do that in RTR...)

(\__/)Gambling is a tax on people who are bad at math
(O.o )a Kilometre is whats known in American as "too far to walk", and a litre is known as "too much beer for one man".-Bored Scotsman
( >< )Beer brands are the power ranger action figures for adults.-Angelo the Sailor
Easter is indeed very commercial. But hey, that's what keeps the economy going. Discussion is useless, chocolate eggs are delicious. Voila.-TheKid951
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 17 February 2007 12:09 EDT (US)     3 / 33       
He's a skinner and modder, so he's changed them a lot.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
AugustusCurly
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 12:17 EDT (US)     4 / 33       
I have some pictures of things I do when I get really mad at my computer:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/johansan_2007/zerksonabridge1.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/johansan_2007/zerksonabridge2.jpg
I have many like that, some in towns with onagers, some with Spartans, some with all cavalry. You get the idea. I had some nice picts of actual BATTLES, but I can't seem to find those at this moment...

(O.o )a Kilometre is whats known in American as "too far to walk", and a litre is known as "too much beer for one man".-Bored Scotsman
( >< )Beer brands are the power ranger action figures for adults.-Angelo the Sailor
Easter is indeed very commercial. But hey, that's what keeps the economy going. Discussion is useless, chocolate eggs are delicious. Voila.-TheKid951
MagoBarca
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 12:18 EDT (US)     5 / 33       
I like #6, it almost looks like an actual picture.

A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something.
-Plato
TotalWarFanatic
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 13:01 EDT (US)     6 / 33       
Lol, the Romans don't have phalanxes. If you are referring to number one, the hoplites with faces on their shields are Corinthians. The ones with "upside-down V's on their shields are Spartans.

And yes, that's RTR. Those aren't Velites though, btw, those are Italian light infantry, Mercenaries and an aor auxiliary unit. I have added mods and new skins and units to my game as well.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
ElfCommander
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 17:24 EDT (US)     7 / 33       
5/6, I dont like the rest. to much light.
TotalWarFanatic
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 18:16 EDT (US)     8 / 33       
I though number one would be everyone's favorite.

AugustusCurly
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 18:32 EDT (US)     9 / 33       
I love number 2, it made me laugh out loud to see those guys all looking down (I like the title, bugonground). It reminds me of a cartoon of a bunch of soldiers all staring at one spot.
"Not a move was made as the entire battle waited for the bee to calm down."

Lord Ahm
Legionary
posted 17 February 2007 19:35 EDT (US)     10 / 33       
Where can I get the latest RTR?

Ahm Heribeus
Is a suits murmur
Dr Grip
Legionary
posted 18 February 2007 05:28 EDT (US)     11 / 33       
I like the first one, but if the fourth one is coloured, it would've been my favourite.

Quote:

I have some pictures of things I do when I get really mad at my computer:
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/johansan_2007/zerksonabridge1.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p93/johansan_2007/zerksonabridge2.jpg
I have many like that, some in towns with onagers, some with Spartans, some with all cavalry. You get the idea. I had some nice picts of actual BATTLES, but I can't seem to find those at this moment...

LOL, the second one is funny. I have seen some similar videoes in YouTube, where a huge Gallic army lost to a tiny Juliu army just because their leader got killed.

This is the best signature ever!
TotalWarFanatic
Legionary
posted 18 February 2007 10:37 EDT (US)     12 / 33       
I thought it looked immensely better in black-and-white.

TotalWarFanatic
Legionary
posted 23 February 2007 15:55 EDT (US)     13 / 33       
[JPEG, (597.62 KB)]
[JPEG, (716.72 KB)]
[JPEG, (634.63 KB)]
[JPEG, (722.66 KB)]

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 23 February 2007 17:10 EDT (US)     14 / 33       
Number one was my favorite, and I have another noobish question. I noticed in the pictures, you have different designs on the hoplite shields, cna some one tell me how to get that?

Lost in a roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
TotalWarFanatic
Legionary
posted 23 February 2007 18:31 EDT (US)     15 / 33       
Some of them are from RTR, some are new ones from other mods.

#1 is my favorite too.

Storabrun
Legionary
posted 23 February 2007 19:02 EDT (US)     16 / 33       
Maybe this is old news for some of you, but I thought it was pretty funny. I'm not sure what causes it, but it could be the trait boringspeaker.

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 23 February 2007 23:24 EDT (US)     17 / 33       
lol

Lost in a roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
Vance1
Legionary
posted 23 February 2007 23:35 EDT (US)     18 / 33       
Off-topic question: When does the Marian reforms occur in RTR? Is it near the historical date?
nimbert
Legionary
posted 24 February 2007 06:18 EDT (US)     19 / 33       
For anyone who has never had a night fight, this is what it looks like:

Lord Ahm
Legionary
posted 24 February 2007 08:14 EDT (US)     20 / 33       
Time to post some of my old screens:

Number1
Number2

Ahm Heribeus
Is a suits murmur
Scutarii
Legionary
posted 24 February 2007 12:05 EDT (US)     21 / 33       
lol. I had that exact battle speech a couple of weeks ago. YOu get the lol-worthy speeches by the general having the trait "deranged" or "boring speaker". Its hilarious to watch them talk.
nimbert
Legionary
posted 26 February 2007 04:51 EDT (US)     22 / 33       
This is what my Decimus the Mad had to say:

His traits include "unhinged loon" and "a bit paranoid."

TotalWarFanatic
Legionary
posted 26 February 2007 08:30 EDT (US)     23 / 33       
LOL! I've never had a speach that crazy before.

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 26 February 2007 10:05 EDT (US)     24 / 33       
I hit the pause button just at the moment my troops killed the enemy general:

Hussarknight
MisplacedPope
Legionary
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 02 March 2007 16:19 EDT (US)     25 / 33       

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames