You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.48 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » REVIEW: 77 BC, Twighlight of the Republic
Bottom
Topic Subject:REVIEW: 77 BC, Twighlight of the Republic
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
MisplacedPope
Legionary
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 02 March 2007 09:42 EDT (US)         
Hello all, I am doing a review for the mod 77 BC, Twighlight of the Republic. for more information, look to this thread http://forums.totalrealism.net/showthread.php?t=2047and this forum http://forums.totalrealism.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10

The game is well worth the download. For all those who wanted to get to using the Marius units in RTR and RTW, this is your mod. The best part is that it incoporates many of the changes in RTR. Great graphics, good game-play, and a terrific time-period.

I can answer any questions you may have about the mod, though for installation problems, I suggest you sign up at totalrealism.net The best thing is that the modder over there, Salvorhadin, is extremely help-ful.

Though Roman players, be aware, Italy and Greece are gutted (5/6 of the buildings need repairs) due to the Marian and Sullan wars.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
AuthorReplies:
Carthage
Legionary
posted 02 March 2007 10:46 EDT (US)     1 / 48       
Sounds good, downloading now

Carthage
And beyond, green fields under a swift sunrise
Oh well, thats not so bad, is it?
No, no it's not

Proud joint winner of the M2TWH Saladin award
Enkidu of Uruk
Legionary
(id: thekid951)
posted 02 March 2007 10:49 EDT (US)     2 / 48       
Will I still be able to play regular RTW?

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 02 March 2007 11:07 EDT (US)     3 / 48       
Not sure, I'll test that for you within the hour. You should be able to, though.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 02 March 2007 11:11 EDT (US)     4 / 48       
Doesn't appear to let you. But if you copy your vanilla RTW folder, and paste it in a new folder (not inside activision, create a whole new folder) then you can.

Also, BI is needed for the install.

Stormraider
Tribunus Militum
posted 02 March 2007 12:03 EDT (US)     5 / 48       
If I Install RTRPE1.8 Mod Switch Version, will the installing for 77BC still be the same?

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 02 March 2007 12:23 EDT (US)     6 / 48       
Not entirely sure, I'll ask for you over at totalrealism.net. But I think it is a no, since you base the shortcut out of BI, which needs RTR 1.8 on it.

Like I said to TheKid, your best bet is to copy and paste your RTW files to another folder.

Stormraider
Tribunus Militum
posted 02 March 2007 13:25 EDT (US)     7 / 48       
And am I playing this through BI, with the BI shortcut?

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 02 March 2007 13:28 EDT (US)     8 / 48       
Yep, you install RTW, BI, 1.6 patch for BI, and then RTR 1.8 PE. Then you installl 77 BC mod, and save it to a seperate folder (the website gives you its name) and then you make a new shortcut of BI, and copy their target into the target or what have you (the instructions are at the thread)

I had a little toruble personally, on page 3 or 4 you can see the process with which I worked with Salvor to get me rolling.

Stormraider
Tribunus Militum
posted 02 March 2007 20:03 EDT (US)     9 / 48       
Got it working, thanks.

Playing as the SPQR. Those pesky Marian bastards are out of the way, but Spartacus is being troublesome, as are the Cantabri.

I really like the scripted events so far, such as getting Nicomedia from Bithynia.

Carthage
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 03:58 EDT (US)     10 / 48       
Misplaced, can you give me a hand, I tried instaling it and followed all the instructions but when I try to play it it CTD's and says failed to launch mount database, is there a dumbo's guide or something, thanks. Oh I have gold edition and 1.8 mod switch just incase that could cause probs.

Carthage
No, no it's not

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 06:30 EDT (US)     11 / 48       
It is most likely the mod switch. I think you need the full install (because you run it out of BI)

If you want to keep Vanilla, just copy and paste it to a different folder.

Carthage
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 08:13 EDT (US)     12 / 48       
Ok, i've just tried again and have been a bit more successful though it still CTD's it says "could not find skeleton for barb_swordsman fs".

Carthage
No, no it's not

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 08:54 EDT (US)     13 / 48       
Did you get 1.8 Full install (not the mod switch)? Or did you just try starting again?

Carthage
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 09:34 EDT (US)     14 / 48       
I just tried starting again, but i'll get the full install now

Carthage
No, no it's not

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 09:53 EDT (US)     15 / 48       
Tell me how it goes.

Stormraider, how is your campaign going?

Stormraider
Tribunus Militum
posted 03 March 2007 12:12 EDT (US)     16 / 48       
Campaigns going well.
I'm mopping up Spain as the Cantabri aren't much of a threat, and their land will add needed gold to my coffers.

I'm also beginning a war against the Breuci, as they attacked Salonae, but were repulsed. Unsure how soon I'll be getting more missions, though, so I'm largely just aiming to Chevauchee them, in case my soldiers are needed to reinforce the East, as I expect to be having some Pontic trouble there soon.

Eastern forces are taking some of the Rebel Buffer cities, so that when Pontos inevitably attacks, I have some zones I care little for, which will be easy to retake.

Ignoring the Celts and other Northern tribes, and I'm allied with most of the southern empires, and unmotivated to attack there anytime soon.

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 16:32 EDT (US)     17 / 48       
I attacked the Breuci 3 turns in.

Instead of getting the buffer cities, I suggest you make a pre-emptive strike (I launched my Greek forces againstt he Crimea, and my Asian forces against Rhodes, and right noe Lucullus with the Fimbrian legions and some other troops are on a bridge near the capital, waiting to destroy their main army.

EDIT: How are things going Carthage? All running well.

[This message has been edited by misplacedgeneral (edited 03-03-2007 @ 04:33 PM).]

Carthage
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 16:45 EDT (US)     18 / 48       
Just got it working 30 mins ago, haven't had a chance to play yet but can't wait! Oh by the way can't you play as Marius or Sulla? not seeing them, or perhaps I got mixed up

Carthage
No, no it's not

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 17:25 EDT (US)     19 / 48       
Not as they, but as Sertorius, a Marian. They are based in Spain.

Carthage
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 17:30 EDT (US)     20 / 48       
Ah, I understand, so it's set just after the Marian-Sullan wars. Thanks for the help misplaced

Carthage
No, no it's not

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 17:34 EDT (US)     21 / 48       
Yep, if you play the SPQR you are going to want to dedicate some money (you make good money from the get-go) to repearing your cities in Itsly and Greece. They need many buildigns rebuilt due to the Social Wars and the Marian Sullan War

Carthage
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 17:40 EDT (US)     22 / 48       
So is SPQR a hard or easy faction to play as (yes I know i'll find out myself anyway) with the money rolling in you'd think it would be fairly easy but with rebels like Sertorius in Spain who knows...

Carthage
No, no it's not

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 17:42 EDT (US)     23 / 48       
Its difficult, your empire is vast and Sertorius is adifficult opponent, I have heard that Pontus and Armenia become a real sore spot too. Along with Spartacus rebelling in 73.

EDIT: I'd say Medium, really, it has its challanges, but then again you have the Legions of Rome.

[This message has been edited by misplacedgeneral (edited 03-03-2007 @ 05:42 PM).]

Carthage
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 17:44 EDT (US)     24 / 48       
Ok now i'm slightly scared, Spartacus? Oh, by the way, I have the hotfix and i've put everything on apart from the 4tpy fix, I can't find the file, do you know where it is?

Carthage
No, no it's not

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 03 March 2007 18:12 EDT (US)     25 / 48       
What do you mean the 4tpy fix? When yous tart the campaigns (or load saved games, you must save on Winter seasons, or so I heard) the advisor pops up, click it, and then do show me how. Turns it on.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames