Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » losing command stars
Bottom
Topic Subject:losing command stars
Selifator
Legionary
posted 06 March 2007 13:56 EDT (US)         
I'm currently playing a long campaign as the Julii. My faction leader was besieging a Gaul town and I wanted some more troops. So I hired a warband, and I lost a command star, I thought that I saw it wrong but then I hired barbarian cavalry and I lost another star. I took he troops out off my army but the stars didn't come back.
Does anyone know why this happened and what I can do aginst it?

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
AuthorReplies:
BigK_us
Legionary
posted 06 March 2007 14:22 EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Ouch. Does he have a trait giving him a negative command bonus for leading barbarians? Is there such a thing?

I've never noticed that before.

"To dilute the will to win is to destroy the purpose of the game. There is no substitute for victory." - General Douglas MacArthur
Storabrun
Legionary
posted 06 March 2007 14:55 EDT (US)     2 / 8       
My guess is that he has a bonus commanding cavalry +2 and maybe some retinue (veteran warrior) with +1 to commanding infantry. The bodyguards are cavalry and he lost that bonus when he hired a warband but gained the infantry bonus instead. When he hired the cavalry he lost that bonus too. More than 80% infantry counts as an infantry army when gaining traits, so it's probably the same for when the bonus applies. 50% cavalry counts as a cavalry army.
Carthage
Legionary
posted 06 March 2007 15:31 EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Hmm, thats strange, the only trait/retinue i've ever got from hiring mercs is the "mercenary captain" retinue and that gives +1 command.

Carthage
And beyond, green fields under a swift sunrise
Oh well, thats not so bad, is it?
No, no it's not

Proud joint winner of the M2TWH Saladin award
Severous
Legionary
posted 06 March 2007 16:32 EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I dont understand this. Even when you took the mercs away the command stars didnt return.

All I can suggest is take a look at his traits/ancilleries. Then look at the most recent save from before that event. See if there are any differences that might account for it.

Selifator
Legionary
posted 06 March 2007 16:37 EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I think that he already had those traits. Besides he ended with 7 stars and he had 8/9

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
Storabrun
Legionary
posted 06 March 2007 19:51 EDT (US)     6 / 8       
If he has those traits then thats probably it! I didn't mean that he would earn them by recruiting the mercs, but that hiring the warband (120 men) would make the army more than 80% infantry at the same time as no longer beeing 50% cavalry. Only a general is 100% cavalry, 120 warband and a general with less than 30 bodyguards would be an infantry army. But a general with 54 barbarian cavalry and 120 warband is 60/40 and don't qualify as either.

Maybe it's one of the "update" bugs in this game. If the general then moves the command might be back again.

steace43
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 02:40 EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Or try moving the cav unit back into the army.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Selifator
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 02:44 EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Well whatever it was he's now dead so that's no problem anymore.

Facebook, anyone?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames