You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Building other factions' units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Building other factions' units
Texray1
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 08:21 EDT (US)         
I'm not sure how to search for this so I didn't come up with any answers. If I take over an Egyptian city, for instance, can I only build units in existing buildings or can I upgrade those buildings from other factions? I've not seemed to have any luck with this. I'm probably doing something silly. When I upgrade the city to HUGE status, I still have my own buildings.
AuthorReplies:
Selifator
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 09:30 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
When you take over a city the buildings are converted to the buildings of your faction. They are on the same level in the tech-tree. You can't build units of other factions as far as I know.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 07 March 2007 09:47 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
You are only allowed to build and upgrade buildings of your own faction. Thus, if you capture an Egyptian city as a Roman, that city will have Egyptian buildings until you change that. But since you are Roman, you will only be able to recruit Roman units from the city, not Egyptian. When you upgrade the building, they turn from Egyptian to Roman buildings.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel706 (edited 03-07-2007 @ 09:48 AM).]

Texray1
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 11:09 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
That's what I had figured out for myself. But I thought I read a thread where someone mentioned capturing a city and training chariots. I just got confused.
steace43
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 15:19 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
He was probably talking about rome: total realism that is a mod for rome: total war. In that game, once you capture a city you can only build local units at first, but once you've had it for a while, you'll be able to start training your own units to. In the original game, that is not possible.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Texray1
Legionary
posted 08 March 2007 15:36 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Riddle solved. Thanks.
nimbert
Legionary
posted 08 March 2007 18:40 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
In RTR:PE you can't recruit any units at all for several turns after you conquer a new province. You must first spend time and money naturalising your colony before you can start recruiting your own faction's troops and perhaps, also, some new regional unit types, These are often skirmishers or cheap light infantry (always useful) but they can also be superior troops, well worth the time and effort you have to put into acquiring them.

For example, Romans can recruit Gallic Slingers, Warbands, Swordsmen, Spearmen and Cavalry in some conquered former Gallic provinces and these are all (varyingly) useful additions to Roman garrisons and armies. There are similarly interesting recruitment possibilities all over the map.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames