Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » desperatly need help
Bottom
Topic Subject:desperatly need help
themick5482
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 19:09 EDT (US)         
I've had total war since December and had no problems until last week, now the game will randomly exit straight to windows. There seems to be no specific thing that makes it do this, except it never lets me get past year 174BC, though it will also shut off at other times. any help would be appreciated.
AuthorReplies:
zhangxy
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 19:12 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I think it is just a corrupt save file. To get past this, load from an earlier save (if you have one). Ever since I found out about this, I kept 2 saves, alternating saves every turn.

You can try your autosave file!

themick5482
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 21:57 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
I've actually tried that, thats how I discovered it kept gimping out at year 174.
eightseven87
Legionary
posted 07 March 2007 22:55 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
happens with modding and certain versions of the game.
Carthage
Legionary
posted 08 March 2007 04:29 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Do you have any patches? If you do make sure it's up to date eg. 1.5 if you don't download patch 1.3, install it then download 1.5 and install it, your campaigns probably wont work anymore but it should fix the crashes.

Carthage
And beyond, green fields under a swift sunrise
Oh well, thats not so bad, is it?
No, no it's not

Proud joint winner of the M2TWH Saladin award
opdmike
Legionary
posted 08 March 2007 19:21 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
I have had this same problem ever since I purchased the game. I have re-installed 3 times and loaded all patches in order. In Rome I have crashes to the desktop everytime I run it, length of play may vary. In the Barbarian Invasion I can play for hours with no crash but once I load up a saved game I get crash after crash until I reboot.
Ar_Kai
Legionary
posted 08 March 2007 19:25 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Why do you keep going to 174 B.C. anyway?
CavalryCmdr
Legionary
posted 08 March 2007 22:33 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
It's actually an error with 1.5 where they changes the trigger name of an event, but not the actual event name. Therfore the game is looking for an event that dosnt exist, I just deleated the event that occured that year and have had no problems.
Severous
Legionary
posted 09 March 2007 02:17 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
^opdmike

Just checking...'loaded all patches in order'

Check what version of the game you started with. Its in top right corner of the Options screen.

If you are on V1.0 then patch first V1.3 then V1.5 . You dont need any other patches.

^^themick5482
I too think 174BC crash is linked to a bug..missing event. I patched and went through that year without any problem.

opdmike
Legionary
posted 09 March 2007 12:00 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Yes, I loaded all patches in order and done this a couple of times, after deleting and reinstalling. I then loaded BI and installed patch to that game, all in order and starting from scratch again. Ensured DirectX is up to date as well as sound card (Soundblaster X-Fi) and Video Card drivers.

RTW BI works good until I try and load a saved game. RTW crashes direct to desk top at different times with no rhyme or reason. This seems like a great game and I am in a Rome mood lately. However, the hair loss from the crashes are killing me.

Is there a certain way I have to uninstall the game to get rid of any registry entries or is this game just so buggy it's not worth it?

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames